Malamute X Puppies in rescue Photos

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Lunakitty321, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle

Malamute X Puppies in rescue

Aww, these tiny guys came into the rescue today. I'm going to be taking in two of the ten when they are old enough to leave mom, and they will be here until they are spayed/neutered and they find a home. This is the second litter in 2 months. The last litter had 5 and only one of them is in a home (as of today). So I have a feeling they will be here a while.

Mom is a malamute, dad is a chow/husky/mystery dog. I don't have any pictures of mom because she was simply dreadful. All bones and covered in her own wastes. She and the pups were turned into the shelter because she just "kept getting knocked up" :evil: :evil: I figured I could get some pictures after she's been cleaned up some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three of the pup close ups are missing because I was the one holding them...one was the little girlly looking out of the kennel...I think I might try to bring her home and one of the boys...there were 7 boys 3 girls.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    ohh jeez its break my heart :( poor little pups with the worst possible start in life! :cry: I hope they all find homes when there old enough, or they face an awful life. the people responsible should be locked up, and the key thrown away..:evil:
  4. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Aww how sad. Well done you for helping them :grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    they are so gorgeous! but what a sad start :( and poor mum!
  6. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    They should be okay as long as they didn't come in sick. The shelter they came from doesn't take care of diseases, particularly parvo...and they've had dogs that didn't make the 8 hour trip from there to here. The whole process was very rushed...car pulled up, pups moved out, mom got to quickly rinse off in a baby pool, and they were off to the first foster home. I'm on pins and needles waiting for news, but I know I won't hear anything until tomorrow night.

I'm a little worried about a few of them, they seemed too warm and some of them were not wiggling as much as we would have liked...they are not announcing anything about the puppies until they've had a couple of nights to watch them...so they don't get anyone's hopes up.

They are adorable...the hard part will be letting these guys go. We'll see if I can manage it :D
  7. spaznchevy

spaznchevy New Member

Name:
    Madelyn
    poor little things.. if i lived close i would take one..i hope they all find great homes!! they are just darling!! and they out her in rescue because she kept getting knocked UP!! it was the owners responsiblity to get her spayed if they didnt want that to happen poor little thins!! poor mama dog:(
  8. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    I don't know where these pups, and thousands like them, would be without people like you........ :049:

Humans can be so irresponsible :cry:
  9. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    poor little babes.. they are just beautiful.. i would have snapped up the pup in pic 2 on the right :049:
  10. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Aww bless the poor little babies! I want one!!
  11. tillytheterrier

tillytheterrier New Member

Name:
    Gerri
    Poor babies. I hope those gorgeous little pupsters and their brave mum all find loving homes. :grin:
  12. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Aw, just got an update <3 They are doing much better now that they are cooled and hydrated. Mom is a doll and doesn't mind people messing with her puppies.

They've got a picture of her with the babies on petfinder: [Link removed]

I notice that the number of girls and boys is different then when we counted yesterday...I'll have to see which number is right when I go over there (probably tomorrow). I'm so glad they made it through the night
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Good luck with managing to give them back ;)

Well done for helping :)
    (not something I would be very good at!)
  14. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    lol, I know...it will probably be even harder because I can pick the names for the two coming to me...

The rescue "auctions" the names that go on the paperwork, but usually people pick really weird names that are hard to say, so the fosters give them a call name until they get their own home.

I'm hoping they are complete monsters so I won't mind giving them up :lol: otherwise I'm going to end up being really picky with the families that come and see them. I think my husband is bracing himself for getting another perminant puppy, lol.
  15. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
  16. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    Oh my!:049:well done helping them , how adorable is Red:mrgreen: so glad Mum, and her babies are now safe. xxx

When will they be ready for adoption?
  17. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Well, they are only 3-4 weeks (our guess). So around July 10th they'll be split into pairs and sent to foster homes until they are spayed/neutered (around 14 weeks old or so). So they'll probably be ready for homes around the beginning of August.

Only problem, is we have other puppies still waiting for homes. There were 5 in the last litter, 1 went home last weekend and two more will go home this next weekend...but thats still 2 puppies that need homes. We're a little worried about how long they'll be with us...the economy is picking up slowly, but still...that's a lot of puppies...so we'll see 8) it will all work out in the end.
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Awww poor darlings, some people :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  19. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Poor mum... how can anyone let their dog get into that state. Pups are just beautiful.. she`s done a cracking job raising them.
  20. Dolfinfeet

Dolfinfeet New Member

Name:
    Clare
    How adorable are they :grin: :grin:
    I can't understand how people can let their animals get into such states it really upsets me but glad it has been a happy ending for them. I so want one........;-)
  21. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I went to see them again today...momma doesn't look too good. I think we're going to try to wean the puppies a bit early so momma can get to healing. She looks like she's falling apart. Some of it could just be the results of caring for 10 active puppies, but we're really worried that she's got heartworm and tapeworm. A stool sample is going to go out tomorrow, but there's not a whole lot that can be done with the pups still nursing.

She is eating and drinking a lot, but she's also pooping once every hour, and its not always pretty.

Pups seem to still be doing well, though. I've decided to call the little girl I'm taking "Izzy" and I'm working on a name for the little boy, my husband's been picking the stranges names, but right now he wants to name him "Miles" like the fox on Sonic. I'll try to get some of the new pictures up sometime today.