Husky X Wolf advert General Chat

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Kevwana, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana

Husky X Wolf advert

Was looking through some husky ads today and saw an advert for a Husky X Wolf (see ad below)

Huskie cross Wolf. 6 months old. Very good with children has i have 4 under 5. Good with cats and other dogs. (not sure about in the home though as i do not have any other dogs) Has had injections. Mum was a wolf Dad was a Huskie. Selling for no fault of her own just do not have the time to care for her with the 4 kids. Please contact me for more detail thanks. Needs a loving home. Where she is gonna be cared. She is housetrained, Will come with food,dog bed, 2 collars, bowls and leads. wud like her to be rehomed as soon as possible as my children are getting to attached

As far as I'm aware any dog with 1% wolf blood or more requires a DWA licence to be kept in the UK, if this was the case, by law the dog would have to be kept in a secure enclosure..

To me (not claiming to be any expert) he looks more like a husky X NI or Utonagan, a crossbreed that has been bred to look like a wolf, no wolf content. Probably a case of her being misled by the person she got the dog off in the first place..

Any thoughts on the Ad ..?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi,

I agree with what you say regardnig a licence but I'm no expert either.

What I would ask is this:

Surely if you ahve 4 kids yu already know how much extrs time you have to give to a dog. If you have 4 kids, regardless of their ages, you know that they'll become attached to whatever animal is in the home with them. If you ahve 4 kids, you are already aware of the time and attention the need and deserve.

If this pup is alreadyhouse trained, goo dwith cats and other dogs, etc then the basics hard work in the home is done. If the current owner has already taken the time and trouble to house train her, then that time could now be used to train her further.

Also as stated in another thread, if the emphasis is on making sure there's a godo home fo rthe dog, then money wouldn't come into it. I'm about to take on a GSD with full papers and he's not costing me a penny. his owner just wants him to have a home where he'll be happy and well cared for.

Finally, I wonder why the breeder can't or won't take the dog back. Or maybe the breeder doesn't know the dog is now for sale. maybe the owner is selling the dog to ensure she gets her money back rather than possibly losing financially in rehoming the dog through the breeder of with the breeder's help.

Ads like this sound dodgy to me. I feel really sorry for th dog involved.

Laura xx
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    mornin:)
    my guess the dog has no wolf in it but is a husky cross and the wolf bit is just a selling point.poor little bitch she will probably be bought to breed from.:-(
    and she would be a f1 which if true means defo a license would be required.its soo sad
  5. beau

beau New Member

Name:
    nutmeg
    I saw this add too, thought it was a bit odd really, surely the kids would already be attatched to the dog, and I agree that the wolf bit is just a selling point, I feel sorry for this poor dog.
  6. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    It's very very doubtful mum was a wolf :roll:
  7. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    any dog/wolf hybrid from f3 does not require a licence... if the dog was indeed an f1.. then it would... but i would very much doubt this is the case.