Husky x coliie - temperament Questions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Michelle's, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle

Husky x coliie - temperament

Hi guys I've recently rescued a young dog who was getting very badly treated I believe it's a husky x collie as it has the husky tail nose and eyes but the body doesn't match! He is very under nourished and his hip bones are sticking out he's that bad so it's hard to tell what exactly he is....I need some information on these dogs as I have a 4yr old son and don't want to put him at risk if they are renowned to have a bad nature.....I just couldn't turn away from poor archy poor little thing....please can anyone help me?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. s7eph

s7eph New Member

Name:
    Steph
    I had a Huskey and he was the most gentle dog ever.
    I'm sure collies are the same so as long as your son dosn't do things like tail pulling etc he will be fine xx
    Good luck and well done for rescue him xx
  4. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    I couldn't not I would if been cruel to leave him in the state he was in! Thank you for your comment, my boy is quite good with dogs as his father has a staff at his house so Tyler knows not to pull on tails ect just hope they get on Tyler will meet the dog (archy) on Tuesday so fingers crossed! Xx
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]
    Not having any experience with either breed, all I can say is well done for rescuing the poor dog, and

6. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Well done you for rescuing this lad. I don't have any experience of huskies or Xs.

What I would say is that it might be too much for him to meet the staffie at such an early stage. If I learnt anything when I got my dog is not to overstimulate him. Maybe give him a week or two (or preferably more), he's had a lot to acclimatise to already.

Good luck with him and do keep us updated and obviously with a picture

7. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    He won't be meeting the staff me and my sons dad are separated so the staff lives with the ex partner it's just me archy and Tyler at home I wouldn't do that to archy I think he needs as much love as possible, I'm new to this site so not quite sure how to post pictures as yet but as soon as I find my way around I will lol xx
  8. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Thanks for the welcome :) if you could see this poor dog you would understand why I didn't think twice x
  9. Darcy Boy

Darcy Boy New Member

Name:
    Yvonne

Hi there.
  10. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Hiya! Cute dog
  11. Moyra

Moyra New Member

Name:
    Moyra
    Hello and a warm welcome :)

12. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Ahhh what a lovely lab!! Hello and thank you xx
  13. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Gorgeous eyes!
  14. Mandyuk1

Mandyuk1 New Member

Name:
    Manuela
    Hi Rosie is a collie x and soft as muck :)
  15. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Aww she is adorable I can see what you mean they have similar face colours pretty little thing :) xx
  16. Mandyuk1

Mandyuk1 New Member

Name:
    Manuela
    Thank you Michelle, your Archie is such a cutie too :) xx
  17. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I had a collie cross Husky I got him from the SPCA in Canada .

He was a fantastic dog both with people and dogs.

I came home from Canada and brought him and my cat home with me and we lived with my parents for a while and he was fantastic with all the children he had never met that he got to meet.

Every dog is an individual so each dog has tpo be treated on its own merit but I would have no problems with that cross in its self
  18. Michelle's

Michelle's New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    That's a great help thank you, I do have pictures of archy on here, have a look and tell me if you agree he's half and half xx
  19. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I have had a look and he does not look like my dog. But with crosses you can never know which one the dogs look more like.
    Mine had more of a coat, almost as much a s a rough collie he had a black jacket with tan head and a white chest and paws. His brother in rescue was black and tan and at 10 weeks old looked veru german shepard type and coat was shorter than mine.
    So you can never be sure unless you know the dogs involved for sure