Help identify Oscar Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Yono Rothwell, Oct 6, 2015.

?

Is he 100% jrt but from 2 diff coats?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No, something else is in there

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yono Rothwell

Yono Rothwell New Member

Name:
    Yoni

Help identify Oscar

Hi All and first i want to thank in advance any future helpers

this is Oscar and he is one year old, the breeder had his mother that looked like a broken coat jrt and she showed me a photo of the father that was surely a smooth coat jrt.

the question is... do you think Oscar is a genuine jrt thats been mixed from 2 different coats or maybe someone beleives ive been lied to and that he probably isnt 100% jrt? thanks for any help guys!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    He looks a it like a shorter legged version of a JRT we used to know around here..
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have seen a few pet JRT's which looked like Oscar. He does have erect ears, but even show dogs have breed faults. I'm sure you must love him the way he is - he looks a happy little fellow.
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Hi Yoni
    JRT's comes in 3 different coats which are long coat, broken coat & smooth coat, they can all be bred together (broken/smooth, long/broken, smooth/long) the pups will be a mixture of both coats.

JRT's can have Button Ears (small semi-erect ear with a front flap that folds forwards)
    Bat Ear (Large in proportion to the head & upright) & Prick or Erect Ear (Sharp and pointed ears that stand erect)

I bred my broken coat Skye (mum) with my smooth coat K9 (dad) & they had 3 smooth coats & 2 broken coats pups (I have kept 4 of their 5 pups 2 broken coats & 2 smooth coats)

My 6 JRT's (3 broken coats & 3 smooth coats)
  6. Yono Rothwell

Yono Rothwell New Member

Name:
    Yoni
    6JRT's likes this.
    Thanks alot for the answers all of you! I forgot to mention that i have studied the issue quite a bit befor posting and im familiar with the coat types and different ear postures...too ask more specificly, i need to ask 2 questions: you said that you have bred a broken coat with a smooth coat and got 3 of this and 2 of the other...but oscar seens to be in between coats...does that happen? and secondly, his mesures are basicly jrt but he is a bit small even for this breed , isnt he? his scull seems very small and as someone here mentioned he is "a shorter legged jrt"...what do you think? and i want to thank you alot guys for taking the time to reply!

ps
    I love him like crazy no matter what he is and how many spiky hairs come spiking from his back :)
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    As JRT aren't a breed with a breed standard they can all look different and have different coats. So I would say yes he is a generic JRT.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Hi Yoni
    Most broken coat JRT's have a smooth body with a broken coat on face, chest & legs

Skye my mum dog (broken coat)
    skyeskye1.JPG

K9 my dad dog (smooth coat)
    k9a (2).jpg

Dottie smooth coat & Zeus broken coat (2 of their hooligans)
    dot&zeus.jpg