Help>>>>> can any one help me with this question? Questions

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by melfox87, May 30, 2009.

1. melfox87

melfox87 New Member

Name:
    melissa

Help>>>>> can any one help me with this question?

hey people im new to dogsey and would like help with a question

i av19 weeks old patterdale and i would like to stud im but how old do they have to be?>

cant anyone help!!!!
    as you can see my profile pics hes red (ginger) and that photo was took wen he was 7weeks old
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. melfox87

melfox87 New Member

Name:
    melissa
    and would any one would want a stud patterdale?
    hes gorgous
  4. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Welcome to Dogsey. There are a few knowledgeable breeders here who could give you advice.

But from your post it sounds like you don't know much about breeding dogs. Can I ask why you want to use him at stud? There are many, many dogs in rescue already without adding more puppies to the population.
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Basically no, unless your dog was a VERY good working terrier, nobody would want a Patterdale stud. They are a working Terrier and breeders have worked very hard to keep them that way.

Welcome to Dogsey by the way.
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    given the fact hes only 19 weeks old, its far to early to even think about it,

let him grow and mature, then see if he has anything to offer the breed eg, is he a good example of the breed, does he have the right temprament, is he a good worker?

if not, then I would just enjoy him as a lovely pet.

Dogsey is not a site for advertising stud dogs or litters, there are however some sites out there, some free ones which I would avoid, but some paid for breed ones, if you do decide to advertise him for stud, one of those sites would be the best place to do so.
  7. johnderondon

johnderondon New Member

Name:
    John

Plenty of patterdales looking for homes already.

http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk/index.htm
    http://www.dogsblog.com/harry-and-sally/

I would think loooong and hard before adding to their number. Either way it will be another 14 - 18 months before your patterdale's instincts fully emerge so there is no way to tell at 19 weeks if it is worth breeding from.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
  8. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    *off topic posts removed*