GSP - What should I expect from the breed? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Ballybee, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Ballybee

Ballybee New Member

Name:
    Alyson

GSP - What should I expect from the breed?

Hi All

I've been looking at getting a GSP seriously(always liked the breed) for a while now and as it looks like our current circumstances may be changing shortly my OH has given me he go ahead to start finding a breeder and talk to owners of this lovely breed to find out more about living with one.

I'm in Scotland(Fife) and would like to find a Scottish breeder who uses working lines as any dog we get will be worked(my OH does a lot of rough shooting) and i would like the dogs to be health tested too, i have found one kennel with a health tested bitch but they will not be having a litter this year so my search continues. If anyone could help me find a good breeder that would be great

I know what to expect from the breed and i feel one would fit in very nicely to our wee family at the moment and would make a great companion for Tummel.

Thanks
    Alyson
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Hi

I guess contacting the breed club would be the best place to start? they should have info on breeders and up coming litters.

I do know a very good breeder of GSP's but down here in the south coast, so no much good to you!

Good luck in your search. GSP's are great dogs. I'd like a nice black and white or solid black GSP. :007:
  4. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    I don't know of any breeders but know of someone in the borders who has a working gsp so will ask him.

Helen
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
  6. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    Have pm'd you a couple of names.

Helen