Great British Greyhound Walk 2011 General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by *SJ*, Jan 18, 2011.

1. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ

Great British Greyhound Walk 2011

GREAT BRITISH GREYHOUND WALK 26TH JUNE 2011

What is the Great British Greyhound Walk all about?
    If you joined one of the 1649 dogs at one of the 44 walks in 2010 then you’ll know …
    it’s an opportunity for greyhound owners around Britain to come together at simultaneous walks they have arranged to celebrate retired racing greyhounds and show everyone that they make great family pets.

If you weren’t involved last year but you want to have a go this year you could make it …
     The start of a new social walking and owner support group.
     An event on your walking groups calendar
     Part of a bigger fundraising day or a PR event to promote the homing of greyhounds
     Or just a one-off event for a group of owners, large or small

Where is it?
    At as many locations as possible throughout Britain

How do we get involved?
    You can find your nearest walk by checking on our web site www.greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.org.uk
    If you already run greyhound walks and would like to have a walk as part of the GBGW then simply register your walk. The form you need can be downloaded from the website above.
    If you’ve never run a walk before but are interested then contact us by email, post or through the GBGW website and we can send you our guidelines for running a walk. We’ll give you all the help we can to make your walk as easy as possible. Last year there were lots of first time walks which have now become regular events, so beware, it can be addictive! Once your walk’s registered we’ll keep in touch with regular updates

What time?
    We’d love everyone to walk at 10am then we would truly have x thousands of greyhounds walking together at the same time, plus it’s not too hot at that time and leaves time at the end for activities.

GBGW Contact details
    Walks co-ordinator : Janet Peacock (Greyhound Walks)
    Tel: 07983 430352
    Email: info@greatbritishgreyhoundwalk.org.uk
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    thanks for the info, i hope to make it to one :D
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I'll be making it :) I've had a few walks with the same group I did this with in 2010 since then, its great fun and the dogs love it :D
  5. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Ours is on Cannock Chase but dont know the date yet , 100+ dogs in 2010 !
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I did have a email about it, but I've deleted it :blush:.

ETA apparently the date for the 2011 GBGW is the 26th of June (Sunday) :mrgreen:.
  7. MerlyMoog

MerlyMoog New Member

Name:
    Paula
    We would love to do it but isn't it open to only greyhounds? We have a greyhound and a crossbreed.
  8. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    It was last year but this year I believe that's changed and is down to the person organising the walk. Best thing would be find out which walk you want to go on and then get in contact with the organiser. As your dog is part of a greyhound family I'm pretty sure it will be fine.