Georgie ... Sometimes you can be a real Pei...n! Experiences

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Pork1epe1, May 10, 2015.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Georgie ... Sometimes you can be a real Pei...n!

Yesterday morning I was planting some shrubs in the garden when Vince arrived and offered to take Georgina and Gwylim for a walk. So I put them on their leads, opened the front gate and off the three of them go! Rather than going back to my work in the garden I decided to take a coffee break and was just sitting down at the kitchen table to drink my coffee, when who should walk in but Georgina! who walks straight past me and settles herself on the living room sofa! A few minutes later a apologetic Vince arrives with Gwylim in tow. He told me they'd just turned off the road to walk along the cart track when Georgina shook her head, took a step backwards and slipped her collar! She then turned round and headed for home. I can't think why it should happen as she's only been wearing this collar for the past 6 weeks .... maybe she's shrunk from standing in the rain or perhaps the collar's got bigger ... anyway its now been hitched up another notch! At least she had the sense to walk back home for which I should be thankful!

SAM_0955.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You must be relieved that she headed straight back home, but then to walk past you .....
    They do have a habit of putting us in our place occasionally, don't they?
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thank goodness she had the sense to head straight home - but fancy not having the manners to pretend to be pleased to see you!

It's like Chico - whenever I or any of the family have been out and return home, the other two run to meet us and make a big fuss of us. He rushes up with them in great excitement, but when he sees it's only us he turns round and goes back to whatever he was doing!
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Don't ya just love 'em :)
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Glad she came home safe, ive had that happen, and they are very clever in that they soon learn the knack of backing out of collar.
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I can only imagine he felt bad but that is a funny story really. She freed herself just to return home.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Am glad she walked back home & not took herself on a adventure xx