Farm Cliff Terrier Racing October 7th-2007 Dog Sports

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by amandas-jacks, Sep 22, 2007.

1. amandas-jacks

amandas-jacks

Name:
    Amanda

Farm Cliff Terrier Racing October 7th-2007

i hope who ever is intrested in this terrier raceing like myself read this and check the website i found it very helpfull and now iam deft gonna go to this show....

Farmcliff Fun Days

Each year we usually have three Farmcliff Fun Days at our house in Glastonbury, CT. Any Jack Russell Terriers and their owners are cordially invited (see tentative future dates below). We start at 9:00am on a Sunday morning practicing racing with our terriers. First we teach the puppies and inexperienced dogs how to race and then around 10:00am the experienced dogs start racing for practice and conditioning.

Bring your favorite pot-luck dish to share with the rest of us for lunch on our deck around noontime. This is your only price of admission. We really enjoy those wonderful homemade veggie, fruit, meat, salad and desert dishes. Farmcliff furnishes all eating utensils and drinks.

After lunch, we will work on Go-to-Ground and Agility or just socialize - your choice. We may even get some of the more successful conformation folks to give us a few pointers on how best to show our dogs in the conformation ring or some other topic of interest to JRT owners.

Below is the approximate dates for our upcoming Fun Days.

March 31, 2007
    July 29, 2007

As we get closer, we may have to change some of the dates because conflicts occur. But, we will post these changes at least a month ahead of time. We suggest that you check our website occasionally to get any changes. However, the very best way be sure of our Fun Day dates is to send us your email address and request that we put your address in our Fun Day announcement list so you will receive by email notices of exact dates for each Fun Day approximately a month ahead of each event. Please remember to send us any changes of your email address or you won't get our announcements.

Click here to get directions to the Franklin residence where our Fun Days are held.

We hope to see you all at our Farmcliff Fun Days - the more terriers and terrier folks we have the more fun we all have.

Bob and Genie Franklin
    860 633-4938

website address www.farmcliff.com :p
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Thats Glastonbury Connecticut USA not the UK :)
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Yes I saw that, I'm Glastonbury UK lol!
    Becky
  5. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    I got a PM to say that this wasn't far from me.....
    But I think it may be a little too far to travel.:smt002
  6. amandas-jacks

amandas-jacks

Name:
    Amanda
    yes i know its in the usa we are going anyone eles?8)
  7. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    So;
    You are apparently in Manchester. You send me a PM stating that this show isn't far from me and that you are also going to it and that your two jacks would love it.

Now it turns out to be in the USA. :?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this, plus a few other of your past post just aren't adding up........ :neutral:
  8. alice0675

alice0675 New Member

Name:
    Ali
    That looks a really great day out but unfortunatly my budget won't stretch to travelling all the way to the US for doggie day out. Have you already booked it must be costing a fortune?

Make sure you take lots of pictures amandas-jacks I'd love to see your dogs in action :grin:
  9. amandas-jacks

amandas-jacks

Name:
    Amanda
    BAD NEWS THAT DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR ME ANYWAY...its ok though
  10. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    That must be gutting if you had their pet passports waiting for an opportunity to go abroad and all the travel arrangements made and paid for, I hope you can get some of the money back for the flights and dog transport you must have arranged !
  11. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    my friend used to take her BTs racing in the Uk in the summer,They loved it!!!!! im glad to say the dogs werent muzzled!!!!!!!
  12. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    Why are you glad to say they weren't muzzled?
    Muzzles cause the dogs no discomfort and protect them from getting bitten in the heat of the moment at the end of the race.:smt001

Personally, I wouldn't run my dogs in a race unless all competitors ARE wearing muzzles. I don't want them injured.
  13. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Surely a dog should not race unless it is of a safe temperment????? i see you are in ireland,are the terriers muzzled there for racing? up until last year i lived on exmoor,saw tons of terrier racing & non of them muzzled?????
  14. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    Some races run them muzzled others don't, depends on the organisers. Dogs don't have to have a certain temprement in order race and can get heated in the excitement of a race.

If/when I do take my terrier racing I know I can't guarantee the temprement of every other dog racing and wouldn't want to take the risk with all the excitement that another dog might bite or nip mine. He has good bite inhibition, but I couldn't be certain that the excitement would take over him either.

I know people that go lure racing with their lurchers and whippets. On occasions where organisers haven't requested that all animals be muzzled for the race some have been left with nasty bites, as have , on occasions, the handlers seperating them at the end of the race. Injury and vets bills could easily have been avoided if all wore muzzles whilst racing.
  15. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Whilst i do see your point !!! (really do, ) im not keen on the fabric type muzzles some of these dogs are wearing in these pics????? surely they arent getting enough air to race? the basketville muzzles at least let the dogs open their mouths & let air in???

Im only asking, i dot mean to offend oi really know very little on the subject
  16. amandas-jacks

amandas-jacks

Name:
    Amanda
    yes i have got half of the money back that i spent and everything...there will be more shows :lol: