Do greyhounds generally like to swim?? Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by honeysmummy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass

Do greyhounds generally like to swim??

Blue has started to like a swim! I was quite surprised when he jumped in straight away after my other two:lol:

I guess racers use swimming aas a way to get fit, but do greyhounds generally like water?
    Do your greyhounds like a swim?

I will have to get some pics up but still cant get doofah working!:roll:

He is soo funny...like this great big goofy doofus lolloping in the water:lol: :lol: but he can swim too.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Cassie will paddle but as soon as her feet can't touch the bottom she is not happy! Of the greyhounds/luchers we have meet most seem to hate the water . . . .
  4. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    not at all, you got something special there:lol: they don't have enough fat to keep them warm and buyoyant so they tend to stay away. jobie jumps over puddles! but you get the odd one that likes it, usually when another dog has shown them how!
  5. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Pharaoh will swim if he has to and used to swim with jackjack, but usually opts for any other method to keep dry. Now that I have no water loving dogs, he wont go in.
  6. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Nope my greyhound won't go in water in fact she'll go out of her way to avoid it !
  7. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    My 2 hate water they wont even walk in puddles
  8. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    Aww!! We definately need piccies! :lol:
    Paris despises water of any form. We have to literally push her out to go for a pee if its raining, she can hold herself for an eternity if it means avoiding weather! :shock: She avoids all puddles and mud on walks too. Phil is not bothereed either way but we have never had them off lead near water so not sure what they would do.
  9. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    The only time Mo goes anywhere near water is when she is playing with another dog and she forgets herself :lol: She then hoppity-skips out as fast as she can :roll:
  10. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    I knew he was an oddball!!!:)
  11. Darwin

Darwin New Member

Name:
    Clare
    I have one that hates water with a vengance, and the other one occasionally takes a dip when running but usually looks completely shocked and horrified at the event and soon gets out!!

Strangely though the one that hates water loves watching other dogs in water and gets very excited...