Digging? Questions

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by Luke, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

Digging?

How many of you terrier owners out there have wee terrors who love nothing better than to get down and dig out a good hole, so have we any diggers out there?
    i know my pair take any oppurtunity to destroy the petunias in the back garden :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Anne-W

Anne-W New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Hi Luke, I used to have one digger, but now (with Patch) I have TWO. We used to have a lovely lawn in the back garden but now it looks like the surface of the moon!!! :roll:
    I think Millie and Patch like to see who can dig the biggest hole. Problem is OH loves his lawn and had just got it perfected - then we got Millie and now Patch. Boy Oh Boy. It's a good job he loves the little terrors!! :smt047
    AnneXX
  4. ooee

ooee New Member

I'm lucky Archie has never been a digger as my mum's lawn is her pride and joy!
  5. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Grace digs, she loves it
  6. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    bruno isnt much of a digger - unless you start it first - for example he wont dig up the lawn - but |if I digging to plant something he will come and help me dig - which is actually useful !!!! Its quite cute too - he is also very helpful at getting tree roots out as he just pulls on them until they either snap or he has yanked them out - quite the little gardener actually -I could rent him out !!!
  7. strawboss

strawboss New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Maya's not a digger, but will scoop out a shallow bed under the peonies
    when it's hot
  8. Shemist

Shemist New Member

I have 3 westies..the two eldest have never dug..but my young pup who is 18 months is a terror lol
  9. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Mine are not terriers but they are diggers and they do not stop at holes, they go in for tunnels, the warmer the weather the deeper they go.
  10. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Well as we have spent more time in the garden lately and have been digging earth and moving it around ourselves..... my little helper came along "Harvey", and thought it would be great fun to get stuck in too!! Needless to say his first bath came around rather quickly. [​IMG]
  11. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    This is proper digging

[​IMG]
  12. Gail

Gail New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Yep, Bobby is a digger!!

He's currently trying to dig up the Holly Bush! Brave puppy.....
  13. suziebabe1

suziebabe1 New Member

Yep...we got a digger...Mad Maisie (SBT).... (11mths)

Don't let that cute face fool ya...she's a DIGGER...!!! :shock:

[​IMG]

I know now (from experience) the fast & faurious dig is quickly followed by a 'mad do'...! Thundering round the garden like a mad thing possesed. :lol:

Unfortunately she has now started taking a shinning to our beautiful (6ft) conifer fence - which is all the way round our perimiter. All you see is her brindle bum sticking out from under the trees and a whole 6ft conifer quivering as she is 'pruning' a large branch off the bottom. :evil: :lol:

Quickly followed by another 'mad do' with a large piece of conifer in her mouth. If she keeps this up the conifers will be bald from the ground up to half way! :shock: :lol:

We can't stay mad for her for long though... :grin:

Suziebabe1 & Mad Maisie...x 8)
  14. suziebabe1

suziebabe1 New Member

Is this a skunk or a squirrel? lol :lol:
  15. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Now that sounds familiar :lol:
  16. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    It's an Elli tail on the way down or may be up as they dont always bother to turn round although they make an area large enough to lay down somewhere under the ground, always worried the ground will give way under my weight (too much weight) and I will injury on of them :(
  17. suziebabe1

suziebabe1 New Member

lol I was sure it was a skunk lol... :lol: