Cassie met her first Rottie close up!!!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by wufflehoond, May 23, 2006.

1. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX

Cassie met her first Rottie close up!!!!

We were out walking the beach on Sunday in the pouring rain and met a couple with a 2 year Rottie. He was lovely and so gentle. Cassie is normally ok with big dogs if they come at her one at a time but is timid if there are a load of big dogs surrounding her, only because she's so tiny. She had a great time with this Rottie. He was so big and cumbersome that she rang rings round him. Flat out like Collies do. Bless him, I bet he slept for a week when he got home!
    The Rottie came bounding over to Cassie and the lad shouted 'it's ok he's fine' Felt a bit sorry for them as he's obviously had people freak out when the dog is loose! We, however, never judge a a dog ahead of time. and it was really lovely to see them playing together.

Never judge a book by it's cover eh?:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Gellygoo

Gellygoo New Member

Name:
    Gillian or Gill whichever
    Aww lovely,he sounds a nice boy.Glad Cassie had a good time.
  4. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Must have been fab watching them
  5. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Aww thats nice. :grin:

We got a sly comment about Roxy yesterday, some guy asking if she was ok with other dogs (she only 13 weeks for christs sake!) and then walked off saying she wont be in a few months time! :roll:
  6. Molly2606

Molly2606 New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    some people just don't get it sometimes do they :roll:

really glad cassie had a good time :grin:
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley

Get used to it Natalie, it happens. I've lost count of the number of times this has happened or they say " oh how unusual to see a dobermann that is not aggressive" You also get used to people changing direction in the park if they see you walking towards them.
    Sydney is the best ad for the breed i can think of.
  8. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Thanks all, they had a great time and she loved being faster!!!
    OH was in the park with her this afternoon, off lead as she and most other dogs usually are in this park. Cassie wandered up to a woman with a push chair and a toddler for a fuss as always. Now, she didn't tear over to them, just trotted over as they were feeding the ducks. Apparently this woman shouted to OH to 'get that dog under control'. OH called Cassie and she came straight back to him. He didn't bother to reply but wanted to ask the woman if her kids were that well behaved that they came to her after being shouted once! Bless her, she would have rolled over on her back to get her belly tickled!:smt049
    As you say, some people just don't get it!:roll:
  9. darasa

darasa New Member

sorry to change the subject a bit here but I didn't realise that dob's were supposed to be "that" sort of dog I know they are highly intelligent and are easily trained to be what you want them to be .. but in all honesty I never thought that they came into the supposedly "mean dog" category.. oh well ignorance is bliss .. I love them.. all the ones I meet are sweet sweet sweet!
    Rachel
  10. Stephanie

Stephanie New Member

Name:
    Steph
    awww, good to hear that Cassie had a good time with the Rottie (being Rottie biased as I am owned by one too) :grin:
  11. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie

Unfortunatly they do have a reputation. They used to be used as guard dogs (i think a few people still use them for this purpose) so people think they are trained to bite trespassers etc. Also used in the forces a lot. and portrayed in a lot of films bady - Resident evil for one and funnily enough in Garfield (only films i can think of really)

Oh and also the reputation of the 'hard guys' who own them just to have a fierce looking dog. (teach it to snarl etc)
  12. Faraday

Faraday New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    It's a shame that so many sweet natured dogs get this stupid reputation. I used to have the same thing when walking my GSD - people would cross the road to avoid her when all she'd have done is lick them to death!

Personally though I've never owned one myself I love Dobermanns. So graceful looking and very sweet natured (at least those that I've met have been). They do get portrayed badly in films though, the major one I remember them from is The Omen series where they're virtually hellhounds! :D
  13. bessey112

bessey112 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Hi,
    im really pleased cassie made a new friend :grin: My Amy has a collie friend who runs rings around her aswell :grin:

sarah
  14. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Thanks all. We are always careful around any dog we don't know but that's for any breed and just to be careful. We're very lucky around here. We know most dogs and people and because Cassie just flips over on her back to get her tummy scratched, she's never forgotten! It's lovely to see dogs play together and we'd never stop her unless we were given a reason. He was such a big loveable lump! Think Cassie was impressed with him:grin:
  15. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    good for you.... and great for cassie.
    why can't ppl let dogs be dogs is beyound me all of them like to play if they aren't biasis to who they play with why should the owners be.
    mine play with anything that goes if the owners dont call them away.
    hols best mate is a akita x gsd and they are loons when they see each other.
    tob has the hots for a lurcher and she runs rings round him.