Breedia may be moving soon! Please ensure your email address is valid in your account!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, Oct 6, 2024.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Toedtoes likes this.

Breedia may be moving soon! Please ensure your email address is valid in your account!

Hello everyone :039:

I hope you're all well and keeping safe.

Sorry for not being around much and for not having updated the forum software in a while - something I want to fix, hence posting this thread :mrgreen:

The software we run is now very old, and the language and database versions it runs on is not supported in new server systems - which means the forum is at risk if we do not update it. The same is true for some of our sister-forums, including Dogsey, Catsey and YoPhotograper.

As some of you might remember, my goal for all the forums is to eventually move them into our own social network when it is built, however I have not had time to make that platform yet - so I think the next best thing, for now anyway, is to create one big friendly forum and to merge all forums into it :grin:

The new platform will be similar to over50schat.com however the 'categories' on the left hand side would be replaced with 'forums', and where clicking on each forum would essentially show you the latest threads for that forum, as well as the most active over the last week, month, year etc. You'll be able to bookmark whichever forum most interests you, or, via the forum options, simply mute any of the forums that don't.

The great thing about being on one big forum is that there will be lots of different topics and threads for you to get involved with... while at the same time we will still have our dedicated dog related sections. Of course, there will be more people to chat with as well! :048:

Additionally, we will be on a newer platform which will work better with mobile phones and iPads and where you'll also be able to do things like simply drag photos into a post to upload photos to it, post links to YouTube for the vid to automatically get embedded into your post etc. So it will be a much more modern system :023:

What next?

I am not yet sure it will be possible, so this is not 100% decided. However please make sure your email address in your profile here is up-to-date because when we move to the new platform you will need to get a new password sent to you as your old password will not be copied over (as it is encrypted).

When you go to update your email here it will ask you for your password if you have forgotten it either use the password reset option to get a new one sent to you (if you still have access to that email address) or start a new thread in the Contact Admin section and I will manually update it for you :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz and Toedtoes like this.
    Thanks for the update Azz. I do like this bright clean layout, but wish it had more acknowledgement options than just, 'Like'. Will watch and wait.