Boxer / tail docking General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by late74, Feb 27, 2011.

1. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74

Boxer / tail docking

I currently have a 2yr old Staffordshire bullterrier and we are after another dog, this time a Boxer as this is another favoured breed of ours.

the trouble we are having is finding any pups that dont have their tails docked. as we would prefer a boxer complete with its full tail.

every breeder i have contacted say they have need docked and even those that advertise before the puppies are born have replied saying they will be docked.

i know many if not most people prefer docked tails, personally i dont. i also thought it was banned unless the dog was not only of working breed but also actually going to be a working dog.

anyone know of any breeders who dont dock?

thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    I thought it was illegal to dock boxers now under the current legislation?
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    It is ..strange post ..
  5. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    why strange?
  6. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    I'd be a very very surprised if all the breeders you are contacting are still docking, given that it is illegal for Boxers to be docked now (with no exemptions). :?
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Every breeder i know does not dock..
  8. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    Really, thats great news, dont suppose any have boxers do they?

ive contacted about 3 breaders with unborn puppies who have all said they will be docked over in ireland (not sure why in ireland) the others i have seen that are for sale have had their tails docked. there are some just advertised today on petsforhomes with docked tails and last week also.

just struggling to find an undocked boxer thats all.

thanks
  9. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    look on pets for homes they are docked and those ive contacted said they are docked.
  10. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Look at the breeder list on the boxer council website or The Kc website ..If they are docked dogs from Ireland they will be almost certainly be farmed dogs and not a route i would be going down..
  11. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I would have thought it was the other way round-that it would be difficult to find docked dogs in the UK and not undocked due to the docking ban?

A work colleague's sister wanted a docked Old English sheepdog and had to go to Ireland to get one.
  12. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Your looking in the wrong places you need to look on the KC website.
  13. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    yeah im not full up to date on docking rules but ive been looking for about 4 weeks now and not found any undocked.

have a look at this advert today they advertise as docked and have links to youtube where you can see they are docked.

[Link removed]

thanks for your help though, i will look on the boxer council and kc websites
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  14. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    thanks for that, its much appreciated, maybe "some" are not responsible breaders on the petsforhomes site then.

thanks again
  15. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    I wouldn't even look on that website...90% of ad's are from irresponsible backyard breeders.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  16. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Was trying to work out how to put the link up :lol:
  17. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    thanks to all for your help, its greatly appreciated

sorry if the link i posted was not allowed, just showing some of the adverts i was talking about.
  18. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Mods removed it...don't quite understand what the problem is? :?

late74, Google 'Champ Dogs', which is a very good website for finding a quality pup.
  19. late74

late74 New Member

Name:
    late74
    Thanks for that, just found it, have message 3 breeders, the trouble is with good and bad websites if you don't know you dont know, and i didn't know lol.

thanks again
  20. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Ireland still allow docking so for those in the rest of the UK who still want to dock their breeds which are on the banned list, the loophole is to send the bitch over to Ireland to have the pups and then they are docked or send the new born pups over.

I've come across a small Doberman puppy who has it's tail docked (and badly i've been informed) so who knows what the score is there (family seem nice enough).
  21. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Never could understand the logic to chopping off a few days old puppies tail - sad sad sad....