Border Collies - What is your favourite coat colour. General Chat

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by SLB, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

Border Collies - What is your favourite coat colour.

There are too many threads about GSD's I think (although there could never be too many at all) but just a favourite question really.

Colours - which coat of the collie do you like best.

I love B&W but I am quite drawn to the Red merles and tri - coloured.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Tri red merle is my favourite, and then it's a tri blue merle and a well marked tri on par with each other.

Not really into black and whites, a bit too common and uninspiring! I'm not a fan of white factors neither.
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Love the classic black/white rough coated collie. Tricolours come a close second.

The more "exotic" colours don't really appeal to me.
  5. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    gotta be the blue/ti merle for me :)
  6. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    My favourite is blue/white, just like my Skye, but lilac/white is growing on me (I never liked it before a certain puppy, that I wasn't going to keep when it was born, but seemed to worm her way into my heart by 4 weeks old)!!! I like blue merle, blue merle tri, slate merle, slate merle tri and red merle too, but don't like big patches of solid colour in the merle (just fussy) and black/white classicly marked. I also like split faces and I love 'naughty' spots.
  7. Angie1966

Angie1966 New Member

Name:
    Angie
    Blue merl is my favourite but I adore all collies:grin:
  8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Classic marked black and white. - I dont like big white faces to much, a nice white blaze like Maces is perfect. - Infact if Mace was black and white, and had a full collar he would be my ideal BC (look wise).
  9. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    OH love black and white collies, however I prefer blue merles, and tri coloured myself. I also prefer BC's with a stripe or "blaze" of white going down the face.
  10. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    It would have to be split face,white factor ,black tipped sable of course!

Actually it is less about the colour for me and the set of head and a pair of nice pricked ears!
  11. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Until recently I would have said blue merle
    But tbh I am seeing loads and loads of the exotic colours now and up here they all seem to be being bred to look exactly the same, pretty dainty, kinda puppy like - and they just aint doing it for me any more - seem to have lost the intensity

a nice rough coat worker for me - I do like a split face with odd eyes too
  12. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Never really thought about it but as my last three have been tri of some description it must be tri. Currently have a black, tan and white and a tri blue Merle with odd eyes.
  13. GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey New Member

Name:
    Andy
    I have just had to sadly rehome a Red Sable Collie. Everyone always stopped and remarked on his colouring.
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Not really bothered about the colour far far more important is what is between the ears & under the skin(ie Brains, Temperament, Health)

I have had classic Black & White rough coat with perfect semi erect ears(not the fashionable Rough Collie/Sheltie tipped ears), correct prick eared classically marked curly coated Sheltie sized, Tall skinny semi rough coated tri hill dog correct semi erect ears, Classically marked smooth coated black & white with correct semi erect ears, Half white faced(other wise classically marked)rough coated with correct semi erect ears, half white/half black body with mottling semi rough coated with odd ears & finally white & black split faced medium coated with correct semi erect ears.

They have/had all had one thing in common-none was bred for their looks only what the breed was bred to do-work(all from health tested parents)
  15. kate_7590

kate_7590 New Member

Name:
    Kate
    merles or black/ red and white.... im quite undecisive lol
  16. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I have a classic black and white Sky who is 4, a red tricolour Sunny who is nearly 3 and my newest baby a Split face blue merle called Mistral who is 22 weeks

They are all my favourites
  17. Lotsadogs

Lotsadogs New Member

Name:
    Denise
    I just love em all :grin:
  18. rune

rune

Lilac---but never again!

Brown tri second and I would again.

Have also had sable (orange dog!), brown and white and black and white, more or less all black and now have black tri.

For choice I wouldn't have a collie again----but I said that a couple of months ago and now have another---so....

rune
  19. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    Black and white rough coat, with pricked ears :grin:
    also love Tri colour Collies cos obviously i got one of those as well :grin:
    Not really into merles, but i do like blue and whites ;-)
    Eye colour i prefer dark (like my Skye) but in saying that, Drifts beautiful blue eyes either fascinate or scare people!! :lol: i think they are stunning :grin:
    Lets face it, Border Collies are the best dogs in the World, no matter what colour they come in ;-)

Jann xx

Oh and i WILL one day have my split face B&W
  20. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I quite like the B&W BC on here who also has blue merle - merle on one side of the face and Black on the other - called Felix! Can't remember who owns him... I would go for that coat colour if there was - but I'm a few dogs short for a BC (bit more experience under my belt first lol)
  21. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Classic black and white medium coated every time - although I could possibly stretch to a black tri!