Are white boxers bigger? Questions

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by Carole, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole

Are white boxers bigger?

Are white boxers bigger than the reds and brindles?

It is just that Finn is 25 inches tall now and weighs 26.6kg which is about 59 lbs and all this at 10 months old. Even the vet nurse was surprised at his size today. Star is just 27/28kg and that is her fully grown at 3 years old.

He still has slight bumps at his knees so goodness knows how much he still has to grow. He is still all legs and ribs :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    boys are bigger than girls caz.
    maybe a couple of more inches and a few kg's..i think the lads are more 25/30 kg's.
    also with him being white the ones i have seen are more stocky than the usual colours,
    all legs and ribs brings back memories.
  4. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Star seems to tower over the males up here, they are are smaller and stockier than her but I suppose looking at Finn's line his uncle he is massive.

Dont say he will grow another couple of inches :shock: I can see him being over 30kg. He was weighed at the end of September and was only 22kg so he has gained over 4kg in 2 months.
  5. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    star is a big girl at 25"...lol
    he will slow down at some point caz............theres nothing wrong with having a big lad, alot of boxers now days seem smaller than they used to be.
  6. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I hope he does slow down :( for the past two days running I have had people take their dogs away from him when he is on a lead :( although he is big he is the most gentle dog around with smaller dogs and he misses out playing because of his size.
  7. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Mollie is taller for a bitch, she was the biggest pup in the litter.....She weights 27 kilo's.........
  8. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    Whites shouldn't be any larger than coloureds, but it would seem that in some cases thay do become bigger.

25" is the upper limit of the Standard for males, weight should be approximately 30-32kg (66-70 lbs). I would not expect Finn to get very much taller now, perhaps another inch if he still has bumps. He will continue to fill out and muscle up so will probably weigh over 30kg as an adult. Jackson is the same height as Hannah (25.5") but he weighs 34.5kg which is heavier than she is.
  9. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    It is just hard to believe that the 4kg puppy has grown to 26kg+ in such a short space of time. I need to pick up some worming tablets next month so I will ask what weight Star was at 10 months, it will be in her records. I think she really only gained about 3 kg from a year onwards to now.

As long as he is still the same cuddly Finn it does not matter what size he is :lol:
  10. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    Just looked at my records. At 9 months old Jackson weighed 28kgs :)
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Does`nt matter how big he is , he is still a cutie ;-) most whites I see seem to be bigger than the reds and brindles!
  12. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    As long as he is still the same cuddly Finn it does not matter what size he is

Doesn't matter how big he gets Carole, he will still think he is a lap dog!!!!I have yet to meet a boxer, who doesn't like to sit on your lap and be cuddles!!!
    He is a gorgeous boy!!!
  13. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    :shock: that is big.

Moli he is the cuddliest dog I have ever met and still thinks he can drap himself around your shoulders and sleep :? which must be quite a funny picture :)
  14. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Carole Finn is taller than Busta(24")
    Busta was 28kg at 9 months and is now 31.5kg fully grown, didn't put alot more weight after 9 months really only 3.5kg
  15. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    At least Busta looks in proportion for his height :) He does not look 31.5kg but then again he is all muscle.

Finn is built like a greyhound all skin and bone at the moment but he will fill out eventually.

This is them sitting side by side. Finn has a longer neck than Star :shock: Tried to get one of them standing together but no luck yet.

[attach-center]1760[/attach-center]
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  16. Steve

Steve New Member

Name:
    Steven-i guess that suprised you...
    When i next see him Carole-i'll try and get a photo of a male Boxer walked round here which is absolutely huge! He isnt overweight,but just massivley boned and must weigh 50kgs.

He's soft as grease though! :lol:
  17. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    50kg!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  18. Steve

Steve New Member

Name:
    This is no exageration Carole cause he isnt far off what Abe was.His name is 'Ali',8 years old,red and is a real,stocky dog! :lol:
  19. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    look forward to seeing a pic :) he must be a good height too.
  20. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    ben was 25/6" and at the most 37 kg but he was an old lad at the time.
    i wouldn't mind seeing that pic steve!
  21. Steve

Steve New Member

Name:
    I will have to keep my camera phone on me at the weekends Marie to get a snap of him cause he truly is a big boy! Abe never liked him though cause he's hyperactive and now the boots on the other foot-he growls at Vegas cause he's worse! :lol: