Are there any Italian Greyhounds on Dogsey? General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by honeysmummy, Jan 28, 2010.

1. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass

Are there any Italian Greyhounds on Dogsey?

Are there any on Dogsey?

Or has anyone any info. Met my first the other day and think I am in love !!!!
    Think they are added onto my wish list for the future (tho it is getting to be quite a long list!).:blush:

If anyone has any pics PLEASE put them on :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I don't have italian greyhounds but my friend does. I'll dig out my discs with photos on a my laptop has crashed with all my photos so I'll need the disc with them on. I'll look tomorrow for some.

Italian greyhounds are not actually hounds they are toy dogs although my friends will go ferreting with her and do race. She has her own lure machine and the iggies race against each other.
  4. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I met some long time ago and wanted one they are lovely dogs. Sorry no pics but hope some turn up :grin:
  5. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    Do you know I thought when I was putting it up am I in the right section but then i thought they MUST be hounds as they are great chasers and coursers!! But I am wrong then how embarrassing:blush: :blush: :blush:

Would love to see the pics please!!:grin:
  6. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    Me too! They are lovely arent they?:grin:
  7. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Never owned one, but met two a couple of years back when Ollie was a pup he use to race around with them couldn't keep up though.

They were adorable and naughty and the lady who had them thought they were going to be couch potatoes like greyhounds.

She found a site and read up on them only to realize they hadn't got round too printing the last page which tells you the about the boundless energy they have and the naughty character of them she found that out herself but loved them for it.

They certainly are energetic feisty little dogs from what I have seen.
  8. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    They look like shrunken greyhounds their legs are so skinny, but they are funniest characters:lol:
  9. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    They are funny the lady I knew don't see her anymore her two use too race off up the field into the woods and one day they got into the crematorium and amongst a funeral party standing round the grave and one of them was standing on the edge of the graveside wondering whether to get in, she had too politely push through and retrieve him. She told me she had never been so embarrassed in her life.
  10. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    LOL that would be bad :blush: :lol:
  11. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Not sure of they are all that naughty but hers certainly were.

She was always saying her life was never boring after they arrived.
  12. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    These area few of my friends dogs.

Blue who came to stay with us as she had bitches in season and he would climb a 6ft fence to get to them. We decided that 200 miles would stop his game:evil:
    [​IMG]

Blue with my greyhound William
    [​IMG]

Blue's daughter Alice was 3 months old when this photo was taken she decided greyhounds need killing she was determined to kill William
    [​IMG]

Blue again getting ready to go intothe ring with my son at crufts. Ben showed him as he just would not show for his ownerbut was like a different dog when my son showed him.
    [​IMG]

And lastly Eddie
    [​IMG]
  13. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    Fab pics thanks for showing them!
    They are wonderful little dogs arent they, but I know can be a handful. Not for me for a long time will have to admire from afar :)
  14. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Blue is quite a calm dog but his daughter Alice is totaly the opposite. She used to be known as baby Alice with attitude. Blue came into my house and just fitted in as if he'd always been there. They are difficult to house train which Blue showed us by peeing everywere but otherwise he is a nice dog Eddie is like Alice he definitely has attitude.

They are fiesty little dogs as Alice showed she had not worries about taking on my greyhound he is 31" tall and she hardly came to his knees but she had the attitude of the bigger they come the harder they fall:lol:
  15. monkeydonkey

monkeydonkey New Member

Name:
    Lucy
    They are high on my wish list two although i would consider an IG cross Whippet as they are a bit more robust!!!
  16. hotratz

hotratz New Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Oh I adore IGs too, although having spoken to a few breeders and exhibitors I was told that they were definitely not suited to a house full of cats as they really have the coursing instinct despite their size.

I was told that there are always IGs in breed rescue as they are often abandoned when owners realise the veterinary costs involved as broken limbs are very common (or so I've been told by IG breeders/owners)

Gorgeous graceful little dogs... although I must admit I am a huge fan of all the sight hounds from these tiny toys to the noble deerhound :)