Anyone going to the Greyhound Gap show??? General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by Insomnia, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie

Anyone going to the Greyhound Gap show???

The show will be at the Walsall Arboretum annexe, Walsall. The post code is: WS1 2AB

It's a fun show open to all, an ALL BREEDS show so all are welcome.

Registration on the day will start at 11am with the show classes starting at 12.00noon

Rosettes will be awarded to 5th place in each classes, goodies bags to 3rd place and a small trophy for each of the class with a bigger trophy for Best Rescue Classes and Best in Show.

There will also be a variety of stalls in attendance on the day as well as Gap merchandise, collars, name the dog, local and national rescue stalls, trade stands and much much more.

Toilets are at the site and refreshments are available from the catering van.

Classes:
    Prettiest bitch
    Most Handsome Dog
    Best Puppy (up to 12mnths months)
    Best Senior (8years and over)
    Child Handler
    Best Rough Coated

Short Break

Best Black Dog
    Best Gap Rescue
    Best Non Gap Rescue
    Dog Judge would most like to take home
    Best Smooth Coated

10 minute Break to prepare for…

Fancy Dress
    Open Class for all dogs who havent yet won a rosette on the day (winner will qualify for Best In Show)

Then Best In Show

Directions to Gap Show from M6
    Take Jn 9 from the M6 and take the exit from the island signposted Walsall (From the North that is the first exit and from South, the 3rd exit)

Follow the rd (dual carriageway) keeping in the right hand lane.

The road forks after around 50yrds going through a set of traffic lights. Keep right and follow the right hand land signposted ring road/Lichfield. You will be on 'The Broadway'.

Once through the traffic lights, get over to the left hand lane. Go past Morrisons, through the traffic lights next to it, to another set of traffic lights. Keep heading straight on.

Follow 'The Broadway' for around a mile and a half. This will take you through another set of traffic lights and over several-teen islands! Just remember, keep going straight on, following the signs for Lichfield/Walsall.

After around the mile and a half, you will come to the Arboretum. If you look to your right, the row of houses lining the broadway will stop and you will see a railing set back with a broad grass verge in front of it. There is a driveway and a small sign pointing to the Arboretum. Turn right up that driveway and you'll be there.

Just a note...... If after drving down the broadway, you come to a very large island and can see a Safeway Supermarket, you have gone too far! Turn round and you will come to the entrance on your left.

For further clarification the postcode of the event is WS1 2AB, google map here:

http://tinyurl.com/34ue5tb

NB: We would ask on the day that any dogs that aren't great with smaller or other dogs are muzzled for safety measures and to make the event more relaxed and enjoyable for everyone. Muzzles are available for hire.

We're going! I'm going to church in the morning instead of afternoon so we can go. I'm entering Axel in a few classes, maybe he'll get lucky :D
    Would be great to see some of you there! :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I wish I could come and get my pointy fix but - it's a bit far - I should really go onto GG more often - I've not been on in ages - I suppose looking at all the greys and not being able to adopt my own for another 4 years it makes me want even more lol... Have fun though..

I think he ought to be entered into handsome dog - he best win something - and we need LOTS of pictures :)
  4. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    It's probably a bit of a way from you. I will take lots of pictures indeed! I'll be entering him into handsome dog and black dog and best Gap rescue, and another I can't remember. I'm hoping he enjoys it :D
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    A date would help. ;)
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    And Safeway is Morrisons!
  7. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Sorry, it's Sunday 25th of September :)

Thanks, didn't know that!
    Are you going?
  8. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
  9. Rubster

Rubster New Member

Name:
    Rubster
    Too far for me too :( 180miles xx
  10. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    That's a shame, would have been lovely to meet you and the gang :(
  11. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    It's missing the class that matters the most - Baldest Backside.

We'd win that.
  12. Rubster

Rubster New Member

Name:
    Rubster
    I know, was thinking the same! If your ever further over this way give me a shout :D x

:lol::lol:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I live right by it. :grin: