Alaskan Malamutes and Horses Questions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Lorna, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Name:
    Lorna

Alaskan Malamutes and Horses

Quick question, do Alaskan Malamutes get along with horses?

-x-
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    i wouldve thought any dog can get along with horses if introduced young and correctly
  4. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Name:
    Emmie
    Mine absolutely adores them and learnt to respect them from a young age
    Even so she is not allowed loose in the feild with them as i dont trust her not to give chase if they decide to go for a run round, she is however allowed in the stable with them under supervision
  5. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Name:
    Lorna
    Thanks guys x
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    [​IMG]

Have you got yourself both or either Lorna?
  7. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    [​IMG]

Some even like to ride :) Mine is fantastic with horses but not necessarily the best yard dogs because of the cats, small dogs and other things that tend to wander round too - and many are not OK off lead ..... mine is totally fine with all the above, but you need to be prepared that yours might not be :)
  8. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Name:
    Lorna
    Thanks guys.

Not yet Louise, I did used to help out with a load of horses and had two that were "mine" specifically - but they were temp rescues (its a long story) and they're now in livery because the owner found out that she was being screwed by someone and that we'd taken them in (there were 14 in total). But over the next 12 months I am considering buying one of my own and my partner in time wants a Mal, always has done, and I said that in the future we'd consider it, but obviously I want to make sure it would be the right dog to fit in with everything as both me and her daughter ride....

Lush pics though :) could look at Mals and horses all day!