Alaskan Malamute Book: Yesterday and Today - on ebay General Chat

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Kanikula, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam

Alaskan Malamute Book: Yesterday and Today - on ebay

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    The listing has now been removed due to ebay's policies regarding this sort of thing.
  4. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    I didn't think they were allowed to sell dogs on ebay (or am I just wishing)?
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    :lol: you answered my question before I asked it;-)
  6. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    It just sometimes takes them a little while to catch up with it when they are snuck on... Could be a stuffed toy or painting with the description "beautiful Malamute puppy" or whatever, they rely on people reporting them or one of their moderators picking it up on a sweep...
  7. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Weird how its coming up removed - its a book and still there :)

Item number: 250414526598
  8. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Ah... it's a book! Well now there's me thinking someone was trying to sell a malamute on ebay...

:):):):):) :lol:

I used the product number and was able to find it.

I just assumed you were posting as an outrage against a dog being sold on e-bay.. Having seen something similar before I know what the ebay response is to dogs sneaking on to the auction site ...
  9. AlannaJohan

AlannaJohan New Member

Name:
    Alanna Johan
    Oooh! :-o
    Well I'm watching it, but it's already on £26. I think I might need to be explaining to the other half why I spent £50+ on "another dog book" if I'm not careful - I'm a terrible sufferer of just-one-more-bid fever, haha!
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL..I wouldn't give them 5p for it!!
  11. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    How come Louise? its a fantastic book, I bought it many years ago and paid a fair bit for mine, it has some great pics of old mal in there, authors are Barbara a Brookes and Sherry E Wallis.

Mo
  12. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    LOL 3p it is then Louise!
  13. AlannaJohan

AlannaJohan New Member

Name:
    Alanna Johan
    I was going to say, not an enthusiastic recommendation right there. Though I have never read it before I've had it recommended as being both insightful and visually interesting, so I'm keeping my eye on it. But then I do have a mild book based addiction so lets face it, any excuse really...
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Because of the stupid prices it goes for..its like the Holy grail..and people know that someone somewhere is willing to spend far too much money on it LOL
  15. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    Not being an EBAYER lol I didnt realise The Alaskan malamute Yesterday and Today went for daft prices? but probably does, as it was quite an expensive book to buy normally. now then the book The History & Management of the Alaskan Malamute goes for really daft prices going by what some people have said they have paid for it, and yet I have also been told that is is not as good as some make it out to be, to be honest I have not read that particular book so I personally cannot comment if its good or not.

Might contemplate putting my copy of the Yesterday and Today up for sale if it makes that much money lol and its in MINT condition lol
    Mo
  16. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Lol - Yesterday and Today is going for higher prices now that it is out of print, still not as high as History and Management though which can go for very high sums.

I personally wouldn't part with mine, IMO it is probably the best Mal book out there (certainly the most complete). It also has the added benefit of having pictures of Zeph's relatives, including Sunny whom he is named after :p
  17. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    lol I wouldnt really sell it Kirsty lol. although I might be wrong but I am sure it was mentioned at the Nationals in one of the seminars that they were hoping to get it back in Print?

Mo
  18. AlannaJohan

AlannaJohan New Member

Name:
    Alanna Johan
    Dear God, I've just looked and it's already on £62 with a weeks worth of bidding to go :shock:
    I might just hold on if there's a chance it'll be reprinted - I'm not fussy about having a first edition if the information inside's the same!
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Wonder how much it went for in the end?
  20. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    £262 I believe!

I bet you will all be keeping your eyes peeled at bookfairs and charity shops now :)
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks and Indeed:!: :!: