I think there may be a good NI breeder!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kcjack, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jo Andrews

Jo Andrews New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Nice to see Kate's recognised at last, I too am blessed to own two Stormlake NIs.

I think it looks like the wording was slightly wrong, I know for a fact that comments made in the past ensured that my breeder did all she can to check her dogs were fit and healthy to breed from, going by what information has been available. Alongside, she has always been in touch with us about her pups, keeping us all informed and also being there for support if ever needed (although for us thats only been about housetraining!!!). I know for a fact that she has always been on the phone for me when I have been panicked by the posts about health in NIDs.

Anyway, all this aside, I am very happy with my two healthy NIDs, and I am very happy to see a positive post about NIDs in general :grin: :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Well now that Kate's a member here she will be able to clear up some of the threads so that's good :001:
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    You may be right.

I just picked up on something the OP said .. and though it was stange that the breeder needed to be told by one of her new owners that "A" problem is in her breed!!

Which seemd rather a backwards step in my eyes!!
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Gosh why can you only find ONE decent breeder? Where are all the rest?

I am full of admiration for somebody doing the right thing, but you'd kinda think it was the norm wouldnt you? Well done for testing your stock Kate, can I suggest you have a word to all the other breeders and that they may follow your example.

Kate, can I ask, do you test for VwD or heamophillia?
  6. CheekyChihuahua

CheekyChihuahua

Name:
    n/a

Hi Kate, unfortunately, judging is what some do best, if you know what I mean:002: You sound like a fab breeder. Welcome to Dogsey. I know very little about this breed but always follow the threads, as they can be quite interesting:mrgreen:
  7. Jo Andrews

Jo Andrews New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Hi - yes he is tested for both those as well :grin:
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks Jo. :grin: thats great.

Do other breeders test for blood clotting diseases?
  9. linda sutcliffe

linda sutcliffe New Member

Name:
    linda
    firstly kcjack it was nice to meet you and yes when you said who you were i was shocked i thought you would have devil horns lol!!!!!
    instead i found you to be friendly and passionate about your dogs and those you rescue.
    When i told you about Kate i said what a fab breeder she is and how supportive she has been and i will always consider her friend.
    I dont for one Minuit think it was your intention to mislead any one but feel i must say when i read all the posts about Inuits health problems i was shocked and to be honest scared i love my boy so much and couldnt bear it if any thing was wrong with him.
    I spoke to Kate about my fears first and she told me she had already tested storm for some things and all results clear which avously made me feel much better but she felt if it put my mind at rest to go ahead which i did and of course he was clear.
    So i hope this clears up any suggestion that i informed Kate about any health problems as the post came across as this was defiantly not the case
    So i haven't run for the hills yet!!!!! and would love to meet up for that walk and meet your lovely boy xx
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Aaaah thanks was wondering if you were on here when I got home I realised your boy is bigger than mine he was very handsome indeed.
    I just felt as I post all negative stuff only fair to post positive stuff when I come across it as I do seem to have a habit of coming across things LOL
    I meant it to read that you phoned her about tests but Kate was already testing guess some misconstrued.
    Defo meet up for a walk be nice to see Kato next to another NI.
  11. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Tracey of Honiahaka has done those, too...

There are good breeders, you just gotta look past the bad ones to notice. Sometimes I think we all get caught up in the good dirty drama, and don't stop to think that there is another way.
  12. ziggykenco

ziggykenco New Member

Name:
    Megan
    Hi

I have just joined dogsey so this is all new to me but felt compelled to reply to your e-mail. We have been lucky enough to have a Stormlake dog. I can't praise Kate enough, you hear so many horror stories and it was a real pleasure to meet a breeder who really cares more for her dogs than making a " quick buck". The dogs really are part of her family and was even at the end of the phone for any queries or worries that we had.

So anyone out there that is looking to have a healthy loving NI or German Shepherd with a wonderful temperment should look no further than Stormlake. I am glad that the word has reached you too!!
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yeah I have difficulty looking past the bad ones when there appears to be so many. :-( If it were different in the beginning, things maybe wouldnt be as bad as they are.
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Who sent you an email?
  15. ziggykenco

ziggykenco New Member

Name:
    Megan
    Hi

As I said, I am new to this -lol - nobody sent me an e-mail (work terminology I'm afraid)! I was replying to the posting about Kate at Stormlake. I would recommend her and her dogs to anybody.
  16. Jo Andrews

Jo Andrews New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Bless you, you cant even say email instead of post! Its so difficult to get things right -welcome to Dogsey, I too am a Stormlake owner XXXXXX
  17. Sundance

Sundance New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Kate's German Shepherds are great looking dogs so hope you post a pic of yours :lol:
  18. Jo Andrews

Jo Andrews New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Sorry Borderdawn, missed this, dared to amuse children for a bit - have zero idea I have never asked or looked, I have 2 NIDs and 2 GSDs and for me that is enuf at the moment!!! Lunakitty has answered as well - I am sure other owners/breeders may answer if they known - didnt want to appear rude not answering your post :grin: :grin:
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No problem Ziggy, I thought somebody was sending you emails!:grin:
  20. ziggykenco

ziggykenco New Member

Name:
    Megan
    Thank you - I know I'll have to get used to all of this - Kate's lovely isn't she, I'm so gald that we were told about her.
  21. ziggykenco

ziggykenco New Member

Name:
    Megan
    That's ok, thanks anyway.