A quick NI-BI question

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    pmsl.. you funny little girl... :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    'THEY', my god, I quite resent being called a liar, please dont presume I am one. Sandra, no-one put any ideas into my head, I was merely pointing out that there are differing bloodlines. Raven is full NI and a lovely boy he is too, he is way too tall to be Husky/Mal, my Moon takes after him a lot. I might dognap him one day lol.
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    You cannot say he isn't a particular cross simply because of his height! I've discovered that the lab/poodle first crosses regularly exceed both the parents breeds in height and attain heights of 27" plus!
    Becky
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Hi Sutty.

What breeds taller than a Mal were used then that could accomodate for his size?
  6. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Hi Dawn, what is the average height of a Malamute, not sure myself but my Moon is 31 inches at the shoulder, granted he is taller than the average NI, I agree with Becky in the range of sizes in the Poodle/Lab crosses .Not sure if Raven is as tall as Moon but he is a good size. i havent ever seen a particularly tall Husky.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I boarded an 80lb Husky once, he was HUGE!! I think Mals reach around 28 inches (males)

Why do you think there are plenty of really big NI's if none of their background would warrant it? Must of come from somewhere I would imagine.
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The two I board are Lab sized and both look like shaggy Lurchers!:mrgreen:
  9. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Apparently less than 8 times in 2008, Nookie apparently sired 8 and Storm 7 which seems bizzarre as he's thrown patchy pups (eg:Zero) thought they were trying to get away from that? Anyway apparently 21 stud dogs were used last year. 15 are displayed on the stud dog page so i imagine the other 6 are independant breeders.
    This info was from the NIS forum. Hope that helps.
  10. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    The ones here vary from bad lab look alike, to shaggy lurcher to poodle (yes some poodle breeder sold her poodle pups as labradoodles :roll: )
    Becky
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    They have no type or consistency at all.
  12. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Can;t remember I'm afraid. Please don't quote it as gospel, it'll only start something :-(
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Wouldent dream of it Efes but its not like you to say something you cant back up, your usually so pedantic :lol:
  14. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Just like people lol, sorry couldn't resist :)
  15. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Moi Pedantic? How dare you :) I like to think of myself as more factual, and logical. Unlike women of course lol (stands back and awaits the flaming, probably over a slow turning spit)
  16. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Husky X Malamutes are regularly gigantic - way bigger than a regular Malamute - I have seen some absolute giants!!!
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I board 3 I think, they are all big dogs, one looks like a long haired coarse Husky but is massive, the others look like rangy tall poor bred Mals.
  18. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    Actually, thats out of the (at the time) last 65 litters, over the course of about 2 years, not just from last year...

And I would think that the use of Storm is obvious, as he has the record for the lowest recorded hip score...

And not all of the dogs on the stud page are proven, yet. So there are others out there...they just haven't sent in the information to be added to the list on the main page...or maybe they don't want to be on the website...maybe they would prefer to be referred by word of mouth??
  19. kate hearne

kate hearne New Member

Name:
    kate
    One patchy pup in his stud career :roll: thats hardly bizzare .
  20. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi Kate
    Its bizzare to me that anyone would take the chance of using a stud dog that throws patchy pups, that does not mean it has to seem bizzare to you.
  21. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Oh maybe thats how Raven's breeders prefer to be eh? :002: