Wolf lookalike breeders Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

EBT comes to mind, shaken with a little shark :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

Name:
    WD
    Yes I am worried about the health of my NI, this is why I wont get another, but as it goes she is very healthy.
    As I mentioned in an earlyer reply I think im lucky to beable to have a NI they are not a dog to be left alone, I am in a posstion where she can come to work with me.
    She is more demanding than say a Lab or a staffy (I diddent get a Sib or a Mal as these are well know to be very hard to train on recall and the likes, or so most of the info on the net leads me to believe) as they are more strong willed, as I am sure Sibes and Mals are?
    Going back to the health issues, please tell me of one breed that does not have inherent health problems? I wish I new of one! I really do. The fact is I don't know what sort of dog I will get next as there are so many health issues with most "recognised" breeds. I opted for a NI as I was lead to believe that they were a health out cross, how wrong I was once I got to really gettting into the breed.
    Any way I'm sure this will be recieved well as it is intended.

Kind regards
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
  5. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    we could go into the needs of sows V dogs, but really this thread is not about that,

most farm animals are not being produced to go on and be family pets for the next ten years.
    if people feel the need to justify the way they breed there dogs to farm animals, then they are a puppy farm.
  6. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    B*cough*ocks
  7. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I dont agree with this sorry - I have met 3 dogs now (only one was Ute) who could not be trained to be left on thier own. The owners ahve taken it slowly (over 2 years in one case) and the dog still cannot be left. All the dogs have been had from pups.
  8. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
    so what, if they do it properly,with the dogs best interest at heart then good for them.
    if establishments like crywolf and shosohone were called puppy farms and they were the guys that led the way, then a puppy farm wouldnt be such a bad phrase to use.if other breeders or puppy farm learnt from crywolf and shoshone then children would be saying "can we go to the puppy farm" and everyone would be happy.
    if they are a puupy farm because they sell puppies then so be it. THEY DO IT WELL AND CARE ABOUT THEIR DOGS.
  9. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara

what does that mean.
  10. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    wow, :shock: so your all for the farming of pups so long as they are well looked after?
    here's the clincher though, farmers mass produce as people need meat, hence the large numbers,
    as far as I know, not 99% of the UK population need nor want a wolf looky likey...
    so why farm them?
  11. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    How many RR breeders have you met? I have met a lot, non cull.
    RR are either born with DS or not.

See above
  12. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
    as i am very particular about where i buy meat and fresh produce,it is most certainly not mass produced.
    that goes for the dogs also, these dogs are not mass produced, i dont know any that are surpless to requirements.
    now we are getting somewhere, you say that not 99% of uk want one of these dogs, so you are pressuming that 99%of the uk eat inferior meat.
    well if more people ate well reared meat and bought puppies from people like crywolf then there would be less BAD puppy farmers and less demand for inferior meat.thus making animals and people happier and healthy.
    as to your question 'why farm them' the obvious reason, there is a demand for these great dogs.
  13. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I think if you want to debate meat quality and production, you should open a thread in the appropriate section.
  15. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara

its relevant to what you asked.
    if you dont agree then take out what what written about food and the dog part is still relevant.
    you asked a question, read what is relevant.
    you are actually the one who started talking about food.reread your post.
  16. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I think if you read back the posts you will find it was brought up by Navajo I replied to her post.
  17. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

Name:
    WD
  18. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
  19. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

Name:
    WD
    Shona, which breeders are farming wolf look-a-like dogs, I ask as I would not want to buy a wolf type dog from such a breeder, nor do I condone such practices.
    I am intreasted in the breeds and would consider another one but not a NI due to the health issues inherent in the breed through bad breeding practices.
    I guess I'm one of the 1% of people in the UK that does want a natural looking dog. This would also inclued some of the larger Spitz type breeds as well not just wolf type dogs.
    Kind regards
    WD
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I think it was someone else that brought up farming :? I made a comment on the use of farming v puppy breeding...I myself dont understand why they feel the two are the same,

Yes you are one of the 1% that like that breed, just as I am one of the 1% that like rotties,.
  21. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

Name:
    WD
    Good for you Shona! Question is,....... who are the other 98% ? LOL ;-)

Kind regards
    WD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.