Spaniel (Clumber) KC Breed Standard Interim General Chat

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by Stevel, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve

Spaniel (Clumber) KC Breed Standard Interim

The INTERIM (Breed Standard under review until June 2009) for the Clumber Spaniel has been released today on the KC Site. http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/112

Fair bit to be happy about there (no mention of Haw showing :grin: ) and lets hope this becomes, in the most parts, the standard.

There is also recognition that it is a gundog and should be able to perform a days work in the field.

Steve
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    I agree the Welshie standard didnt change except they tried to add illnesses we dont suffer from and never have (most of them spelt wrong i might add)
  4. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    I rarely check on breed standards to be honset as I don't show but it's good to see the inclusion of the wording 'should be able to perform a days work in the field'.

I see the ESS General Appearance still fails to mention that - hmm !

Haw showing - eyelids I take it ? Is that something that Jago & Benson have but shouldn't or haven't but should (if that makes sense)

I used to know a couple of clumbers but I was amazed at the weights though "29.5 - 34 kgs"
  5. Stevel

Stevel New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Jago and Benson both have tight eyes which show no haw and some breeders looked upon that as a fault just because the old standard mentioned haw.

The interim standard has also brought the weight down by 5lbs which is also a good thing in my eyes.

Steve
  6. sasmi

sasmi New Member

Name:
    sam
    Looks good to me. Malachai has his first show at the beginning of March, Coventry Gundog, and like Steve's, he is from working lines. His eyes are good, but he is leggier and leaner than most show lines. Lets hope the judges have read the new guidelines!!