Got my Rotts pedigree today... General Chat

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Callum, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Hi Dougie here.
    As you are aware We love our dogs and as such Will be glad to Buy this pup back.
    Shona is very upset,so please can you give it consideration.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    can you please pm me your phone number
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    this would make him litter brother to tikka on the forum,
    I cant get hold of richard as of yet, im livid that he sold a pup to someone who would allow him to be treated like this, form the previous threads about him being taken out with 15 year old lads and stuff, encouraged to bite and so on, im just devistated,

Mr ross having a good history in labs I had thought better of him, he even had a bob at crufts... just goes to show you cant trust anyone.
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It would certainly seem that way Shona, shame on him. I hope the situation resolves itself and you can come to an agreement. Can I just say how lovely it is to see a stud dog owner taking such an interest in their pups, good on you!!!!
  6. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    What she said.:002: :mrgreen:
  7. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Hugs Shona, no wonder you are devastated. We all know how you feel about your dogs xxxx
  8. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    I appreciate the commtiment from both of you with pups from your lines, Im not entirely sure you need to be so worried at this point. If I was you I would probably be more interested in what went wrong with the original owners and Mr Ross (who ever he is?) and why it wasnt resolved before now. I wrote what I was told about why the orignal owners bought him and the rest of his story which is far worse than him with us having been in training, well fed and happy.

You guys will know more about where and when he was conceived and who to talk to (presumably Mr Ross) than I do, for us he is a fine dog with great aptitude for security work, that doesnt like to travel :)

Take some time to find out what you can/need to. Be good to know if you can verify his origins?
  9. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Yip from here too. :001:

No wonder he has such a good temprament, shame, a terrible shame thatit seems to have been abused :evil:
  10. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    Just to add, if I can help with any info via PM to help clear up things, so you know what has been going on. Then im happy to :)
  11. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    What a shame. Hugs Shona, you must be feeling awful. Callum, I think it is the idea that the dog has been in a bad home and treated in a bad way prior to him going to you that Shona finds so upsetting. Something went horribly wrong in the homing of this dog.I feel for both of you in this situation.
  12. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    FWIW
    I think that this dog is in a good place with Callum, after seeing what effort he put in with Dougal the staffie rescue, I think he is in good hands for the moment.

The good thing I suppose is that you now know about it shona so can do something about the person who sold him/bred him.
    he is very handsome..so no wonder he is related to the gorgeous vinnie
    dani:)
  13. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
    thinking of you at this awful time shona.... hope all is resolved without to much heartbreak xxx:-(
  14. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    Thank you both, this is how we see it from our POV.
  15. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    how many homes has he had?
  16. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Sorry, I should also have posted that it is a blessing that he is now safe with you:001:
  17. Callum

Callum New Member

Name:
    Callum
    We are his 3rd. The orignal owners had him until he was around 1yr old. The woman we got him from took him on to rehome him so he wasnt kept outdoors etc (Her story), she had him til we took him.

np, ty :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
  18. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    but there is a possibility you will hand him on if his training doesnt work out, I have to say if hes anything like his father you may find hes not cut out for the work,

can we make some arrangement for him to come back to me if this is the case,

im gutted, there are still two pups from this litter I have no details for,
    I found tikka by chance, I had baggered Mr Ross for long and weary about who got the pups and for him to give me the details, to no avail,

so in real terms these two pups could be anywhere, if his choice of home for this lad is anything to go by,
    they could be sat in rescue somewhere,
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think thats an excellent suggestion Shona, I would think callum would be aggreeable? He did say that if it didnt work out he would rehome him. Callum?
  20. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    It fails to amaze me why anyone would go the trouble and expense of breeding their bitch and then NOT home the pups responsibly.This example which we have here just goes to show why we need tighter legislation on breeding.Shona I applaud you for your responsible attitude both towards This dog, Tikka and all the other rotties you have helped rehome and rescue.

Callum,I think it is divine fate that Dogsey has brought you and Shona together. She has so much experience in the Rottie field and that of the security business. You could not have found a better person to advise and support. The fact that your Rottie is from her lines just strengthens that connection.
  21. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Im sorry I have been so off on here, Im just a bit gutted at the moment,

I trusted the chap that used vinnie at stud, he has a good rep in labs,

but to find out that one of those pups {poss more} have landed in the wrong homes and been passed around is a dog lovers worst nightmare, I dont use my dogs at stud willie nilly,
    kaos has been used once, vinnie once
    I never dreamed I would be in this sinario,
    im so upset that the dog has had such a harsh start in life,
    im trying to calm down a bit,
    but if you all put yourself in my shoes, its horrid,