NI Owners Only Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thats what I was thinking..he doesn't look patchy in that pic!

Oh another matter..why do NI breeders use KC registered affixes in their dogs names??

Or very similar names to already established affixes??
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I dont know he was just slated by JK and others for being patchy when I asked about studs which proved the point I was getting at that my face didnt fit.
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    That is a sweeping statement Louise13. Might I also add that many, many people off Dogsey regardless of breed choice were disgusted at practices exposed on that programme (which might I add was not 'silly' but obviously it is about personal choice, each being entitled to their own viewpoint) and made their feelings known on the thread dedicated to the programme.
  5. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Can you post side on pics of him please? both sides if possible
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You did not ask about stud dogs you asked if you could use him as a stud dog. Keeping in mind it is questionable as to whether he is a NID.
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I was disgusted at the breeders shown..nothing else..the ones that were shown should not be allowed to breed goldfish..BUT thats what the program was made for..the shock factor

BUT many NI breeders and owners do themselves no favours on here..

Also it is now obvious that if PEOPLES faces don't fit it doesn't matter what their dogs look like..
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Going by the pedigrees its questionable if any of them are
  9. Little Blue

Little Blue New Member

Name:
    Gwen
    I think the biggest shock of that programme was seeing what's been done to the GSD. The poor dogs couldn't even walk properly.
    I've always been a GSD nutter but I don't know if I'll risk getting another one when the time comes.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    It is a shame ref fake/inaccurate pedigrees :-( Another reason to go to a reputable, approved breeder.
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I agree. I like GSDs. I knew that look but I didn't know it caused so much detrement to the dog until I saw the footage.
  12. Little Blue

Little Blue New Member

Name:
    Gwen
    I knew they were breeding them with backs like ski slopes but the extreme outlined on that programme was a right eye opener. They are working dogs first & foremost and how the heck can they work when they are that just beggars belief.
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But going by whats been said even the reputable ones aren't worth the paper they are printed on..
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Well what really got me was Janie's dog's dam's pedigree. Janie linked to two different pedigrees - one for her dog and one for another, but both sharing the same dam; yet the dam and sire this dam in question were different in each pedigree.

I'm so sorry, that reads really badly. :blush:
  15. Little Blue

Little Blue New Member

Name:
    Gwen
    That can be said for other pedigree dogs too Louise.
    I know of cases where GSD's puppies have been sold by breeder friends passing others' puppies off as their own.
    It does go on unfortunately and I can see that only DNA testing would put a stop to this unsavoury practice.
  16. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

So does the pedigree.
  17. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Wasn't it shocking? I love GSDs but I have serious concerns about this and the nervous temperament I've read about. I grew up with a wonderful GSD and his back wasn't sloping, nor was he nervous. I'd love another like him.
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    yes maybe..but in this case they are so closely bred that fake pedigrees are just making it worse,,, you could be breeding brother to sister or son to mother and not know
  19. Little Blue

Little Blue New Member

Name:
    Gwen
    My GSD Blue was 10 in April and he has been fit and healthy all his life. He is slowing down due to some arthritis but he is still enjoying life.
    I doubt if I'd be this lucky again. He's a truly wonderful boy and is my soulmate.
  20. Little Blue

Little Blue New Member

Name:
    Gwen
    I really don't know if this is the case as I have complete faith and trust in the lady that bred our NI.
    She will be 1 year old on Friday and is fit as a flea:grin: my dog that is LOL
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I've seen his picture and he is gorgeous, absolutely lovely. :p , Our dog unfortunately had to be PTS because he had problems with his hips. I assumed until recently it was HD but it wasn't, it came on suddenly.