NI/Ute Health Problems Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thatnks guys, but really I (and the other none NI owners) have only ever been interested in the dogs welfare and the owners who have been lied to and misled. People like us who have nothing to gain from asking questions are perhaps the right ones to do it, at least on a forum like Dogsey, as asking questions wont lead to being banned for wanting to find the truth, which is what happens on the NIS!

With another ongoing thread elswhere, I hope there is a way forward for them now, with people who have certainly made mistakes, but have learned from them and now are working to improve the breed and start afresh. I feel that those who are GENUINELY interested in the NI and the welfare of the dogs will see where that way forward lies.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Woooo does that mean am not a bad person anymore LOL

Oh edited to add..I am one of the people being talked about on their forum..as a malamute person being p*ssed off that my breed was used in the making..

yeah thats as maybe..but I am more p*ssed off that such a mess has been made of the dogs breeding and the lies to the owners and the mess of the breeding, the practice of selling rescues as breeding dogs, etc etc it goes on and on.. the malamute factor is just a tiny tiny bit of that
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Just read back a few pages and wow,
    amazing how the secretary for the N.I can even come in just for the sake of being flipant...are they so sure of JK...
    posted details about my own pedigree to my breeder, who has contacted JK who has told her she doesn't like me any way lolllll ! but has no reason to doubt my paper work, and every reason especially now to lie through her teeth ...
  5. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    It's such a shame that the NIs/Utes/BIs had problems the first time round, but hopefully, with the new-found openess within the breeds, the increased knowledge of genetics and the lessons learned from past mistakes, they have a bright future. Cheers!
  6. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Well i`m so glad i said something, as it seems it has brought us all together a united front so they say, lets just all move forward, and use this forum for what is meant for to talk about our dogs
    Mandy
  7. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Hey JK hates me join the club:lol:
  8. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can just see her now, hateing the world :lol: :lol: :lol: the amazing exploding head woman...:lol:
  9. suecousins1@blu

suecousins1@blu New Member

Name:
    Sue
    we can only hope!:twisted:
  10. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Hooray to that thought. :mrgreen:
  11. suecousins1@blu

Name:
    Sue
    what can you ask your vet to test for,just for peace of mind?and would it be worth it?
  12. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Once your dog is over 15 months of age your vet will hip and elbow score. You can have blood tests for VWD and Addisons. these can be done at the same time, but your vet needs to know if you want an Addisons test done at the same time as they need to add a chemical and then take another sample 2 hours later. I understand that this test will only indicate if Addisons is present at the time, and cannot predict whether the dog will develop Addisons at a later date. Your eye tests need to be carried out by a vet qualified to do this, your own vet will be able to give you the name of one local to you. If you can get a few people together and have it done at the same time there will be a 'bulk' discount. Hope this helps you.:grin:
  13. suecousins1@blu

Name:
    Sue
    thanks fot that i will speak to the vet
  14. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    How sad for one person to hate so many.
  15. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    What 'flippant' remark was that? I presume you mean me, however I am not the Secretary of the NI.
  16. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Have you resigned?
  17. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    No, I am not the Secretary of the NI as Elaine says, Im the Secretary of the NIS.
  18. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Sorry to appear ignorant but what is Addisons please
  19. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

You are not ignorant Batmandy. Addison's is hypoadrenocorticism and decribes a deficiency of corticosteroid hormones. Symptoms include sickness, diarrhoea and listlessness. It is treatable but if dog goes into shock, this can be fatal. Here, the blood sugar levels drop seriously low and there is a huge increase in potassium levels and not enough sodium to exchange so the heart rhythm is disrupted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Addisons in its milder forms can be confused with dogs having "digestive problems" or food intolerances, if your NI suffers from any of these its worth getting the Addisons tests done as we do read of many that appear to have such issues.
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Thats interesting as kato has "digestive problems"

Can one of you guys look over Katos pedigree for me anything I should be aware of

[​IMG]