Can I Own Greyhounds And An English Terrier Questions

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by TerrierLover, May 19, 2008.

1. TerrierLover

TerrierLover New Member

Name:
    Robyn

Can I Own Greyhounds And An English Terrier

I already have my 3 greyhounds who all get on very well. I would like to own an English terrier but am worried about how they integrate with other dogs.

Can anyone give me any advice on this please?

Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Mmmm can't much advice apart from to say that near me there is someone who has the most elegant pale pale cream Saluki......she is a real head turner, wonderful movement.........and bumbling along behind is there white EBT! They obviously get on very well!
  4. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Firstly what exactly do you mean by English Terrier? Do you mean a Bull Terrier?

If so I can't see it being a problem. I don't own either breed, but Greyhounds are generally very laidback and BT's are nutty so that should be an ok combination! :lol:

The latest edition of Dogs Today is full of information about Greyhounds and how well they get on with other animals so it might be worth going out and buying a copy. :D
  5. TerrierLover

TerrierLover New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    I mean an English toy terrier. I already have 3 greyhounds and they all get on really well.

Me and my mum are jst concerned that with the terrier being small the greyhounds chase instinct may kick in. Although we do have a cat that has never been harmed by our greyhound, but my mum feels that because the cat was here first the dogs are scared of her.
  6. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Don't think for one moment the Greyhounds would harm the Toy T, they would be fully aware that it was a puppy dog and not a rabbit. Just take the normal care one would when introducing a puppy to the household.
  7. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    Ohh i presumed you ment an English Bull Terrier.
  8. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    My lurcher never chases my mini dachs but will chase cats, rabbits, e.t.c but never small dogs. I think they would be fine, as has been said, they would know it was a dog by scent e.t.c.
  9. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Ah ok! :D

I would definitely buy this months addition of Dogs Today then (it has a Greyhound on the cover) as it has tons of info about Greyhounds, thanks to Emma Milne! :roll:
  10. TerrierLover

TerrierLover New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    Thanks for all your advice. I think we are going to look into getting one later in the year. Im really excited, i saw the English Toy Terrier at a local dog show a month or so ago and since then have jst been obsessed with it. I have read books and books and all the articles i can.

Thanks guys