is willow a border x or not Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by queenwillow, Mar 26, 2008.

1. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey

is willow a border x or not

:grin: hello every one

when we got willow we were told she was boder collie x ,well we really did think ,she may ,have spaniel in her :shock: ,but now i cant really say for sure ,in fact i can no longer see the spaniel (due to her legs we thought this)
    im really thinking my stunning lovely girl is full collie ,what do you think (bit fun );-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lore

lore New Member

Name:
    Lorraine
    I would say a teeny weeny drop of Springer? I do mean WEANY, most of that pretty lass is collie.:grin:
  4. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Pretty bitch, def collie the colour is border but the build looks more rough collie.
  5. kirstya72

kirstya72 New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    She has very similar (almost exactly the same) markings to my wee springer, she is lovely:grin:
  6. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I would say a bit of rought collie also possibly !
  7. kirstya72

kirstya72 New Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    [​IMG]

Not the best pic-cant find a decent standing one:blush:
  8. lore

lore New Member

Name:
    Lorraine
    What a pretty dog and that typical 'feel sorry for me' expression that spaniels of any sort are sooooo good at, and it works so well!
  9. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

She is pretty
    Deff collie - but the nose does look a bit long and rough collie like - do you have any side shots??
    and yup markings similar to my boy (far more pretty spots)and the tail is exactly as fluffy
  10. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I wouldn't say springer as she has very little feathering on her under carriage, infact her head is quite narrow so I'd go for rough or smooth collie, possibly smooth as with a rough there would have been considerably more coat.
    Becky
  11. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    I would agree that she's got rough or smooth in her. It might be the photos but she looks quite long compared to a border and the tail has more feathering to it. Also agree her head is longer and a touch wedge shape and ear set is quite close suggesting smooth/rough
  12. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Oh she's beautiful :)
  13. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    shes super bit spaniel but so lovely
  14. youngstevie

youngstevie

Who cares..........she's beautiful...thats my opinion:lol:

ps (edit)...the one Gary is looking at in BDH is down as Border Collie X ?????? can not see the X. Will get pics tomorrow when we introduce Pappi
  15. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Deff rough or smooth in there from her head, possibly one of those with bc, I don't see any spaniel, I have a bcxess myself, maybe brit at a push but I think so. Probably smoothxbc, would expect a lot more coat from a rough cross, not just longer but thicker but then you never can tell.

Lovely dog whatever she is!
  16. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I see Rough in her too
  17. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    what about a bit of rough and smooth and merle!?

lol shes lovely! :D
  18. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Rough & Smooth collies are genetically the same breed & you can get Rough Collie puppies in a litter from two smooth parents(just as you can in Border Collies)-my Rjj is from two smooth parents & has a rough coated sister)so crossing a rough & a smooth would not get an inbetween coat it would be either one or the other.

My Jessie is a BC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Rjj is a BC
    [​IMG]

If they were to have a litter the puppies would be either smooth or rough

Jessie hasn't got a lot of coat(mainly due to Mr Wu pulling her feathering out !)doesn't mean that she is a cross

BCs & WSD come in main shapes & sizes originally bred for the work their owners had for them-hill dogs tend to be taller & lighter, lowland dogs shorter & heavier in build

I presume you mean a blue merle-which is a background of grey/blue with black patches not the mottling like Willow & Jessie have
  19. shaza

shaza New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    I haven't got a clue, but there is a lot of gorgeousness in there! Lovely pics! :grin:
  20. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no

i dont really know i was joking.
  21. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    I don't think they meant long or short coated border collies, I think they meant they saw some of the breed smooth collie in her.

She's stunning!