Food for Beagles? Diet

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Joanna28, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Joanna28

Joanna28 New Member

Name:
    JO

Food for Beagles?

Hello

My puppy is currently on Eukanuba puppy food. After reading a number of posts about various different dog foods, I have looking into changing her food. Anyway, I was just wondering if there was a particular food that suits Beagles?

Jo
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. scarter

scarter New Member

Name:
    Scarter
    Hi Jo,

We're first time puppy owners so don't read too much into anything I say!

But our 14 week old Beagle pup started out on pedigree chum but got a bit fussy about eating after a tummy bug. We had quite a battle to get her to eat ANY kind of dog food.

Our research led us to Burns Mini-bites simply because it's all wholesome, human quality food. Fortunately our pup likes it and is doing well on it. But it's early days. She's only been on it a few days.

How old is your pup? Do you have piccies?
  4. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
  5. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    I think some dogs thrive on one food that another may not do so well on,It varies from dog to dog,
    Mine love Nature diet and have always looked good on it.I do also feed a complete kibbble and some raw though for variety.
  6. Joanna28

Joanna28 New Member

Name:
    JO
    Thanks for your advice.

I did put some photos on the thread, Beagles. She is 12 weeks old, called Honey. I wont put them on here again as they came out really big for some reason! But if you want to see how cute she is... look there!

Thanks again Jo X
  7. Bonwillan

Bonwillan New Member

Name:
    iain
    Our Beagles eat anything. We have won all sorts of different brands over the years and we have not found one which has disagreed with any of them.

Their normal diet is Arden Grange and if we are unable to get to the supplier then we feed them Autarky, both of which have kept them in good health and shape.
  8. garethb83

garethb83 New Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I feed my Beagle on James Wellbeloved, but recently have been adding some raw food into her diet, just raw bones and some dinner scraps also, as well as her normal food. She is so energetic she burns off the food anyway i think! ;)

I would definately recommend JWB though, very much like Burns! Hyp-Allergenic so good for their coat / skin and stomach!!
  9. dogmom08

dogmom08 New Member

Name:
    Terri
    I have had to put my Beagle on a diet, no big surprise :lol: He has seizures and his meds pack on the weight. He is thriving on Canidae Weight Management. He is 4 years old and his coat is the healthiest it has ever been and he is gradually losing his baby fat. :002: