Border Collie Discussions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Hoggett

Hoggett New Member

Name:
    Ian Stewart Hoggett
    I have always fancied a blue merle BC, they look fantastic.

Ian
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bluemerle lover

bluemerle lover New Member

Name:
    jen
    Thank you for your complements on my boys,everyone who has posted pictures of there dogs are all so lovely,i have always loved collies used to have a black and white but old age took over and collie heaven took her,so now ive got my boys and they are fantastic i wouldnt be with out them :smile:
  4. jackiew

jackiew New Member

Name:
    jackie
    you will have to post more pics and also make your own dogwebbers page for them :grin:
  5. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] I will do a web page on the boys here is another of shiloh posing he's a big softy at heart :smile:
  6. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

You have blue merles, as you can see the white is not actully white but would be classes as merle. You need only a few grey (blue) hairs in a "black and white" to make it a merle not a bi. or just a small patch of merling in the coat, this is a cryptic (sp?) merle. :)
  7. michelled

michelled New Member

Name:
    michelle
    no,snorri i would say he has B&Ws with speckling,from the pic. there is no way id describe these as merles
  8. michelled

michelled New Member

Name:
    michelle
    aussie & BC colours are differentRox. freckling/speckling is common in BCs & is not because of a merle gene.
  9. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    They are so gorgeous what ever the colour! :D
    Hopefully ill be able to post pics of my pup soon! ;)
  10. michelled

michelled New Member

Name:
    michelle
    flynns half sis poppi has "naughty" spots like these two!!!!!

how long now gems?
  11. Ice_Queen

Ice_Queen New Member

BUt I thought I could also see some colour on the back of one of them, although looking closer it could be just the picture
  12. willowish

willowish New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    No Rox sorry I agree with Michelle heavily ticked black and white :smile:

[​IMG]
  13. michelled

michelled New Member

Name:
    michelle
    snorri said apart from the blue eyes & freckles they are B&W. this colouring is very common in BCs :grin:
    also you know blue merle aussies often have large patches of solid colour? merleBCs are very rarely like that :lol:
  14. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG] Thought i would put my two boys on the collie board left shiloh right his brother cheyanneanne :grin:
  15. willowish

willowish New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    Willow is a dark merle but as you can see it doesnt affect her white markings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    :smile: willow is gorgeous you can see the merle in her the markings the colour are so lovely,my sister has two collies as well both from the same litter as mine where as mine are merle hers are tri but they are gorgeous as well i love collies no matter what colour they are
  17. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Stunning dogs!!! Love the merles, love all the BC colours!

Less than 3 weeks til i get mine ;)!
  18. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    I bet your counting every day till you get your new addition,it drove me mad waiting for mine i saw them at 5 days old then 5wks and then on the 7th wk went and collected them it was like my birthdays had all come at once im still like a big kid with a new toy there my babys,cant wait to see pics of yours oooh im excited as well :grin:
  19. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Counting every hour of each day! Plus cos im home in bed every day at the minute its even worse, still im talking to the breeder every day (poor women :lol: ) shes going to get fed up lol!

Its soo hard waiting, but im getting a good rest before he/she comes home, im going to need alot of energy lol!

They are very beautiful i bet you are so proud!
  20. bluemerle lover

Name:
    jen
    Yes i am so proud of them they are such good pups very good with people and children theres not an ounze of nastiness between them feeding times they share from the same bowls if they got a bone they both share it no snarling nothing so i suppose im one of the lucky ones :grin:
  21. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    I guess it helps that border collies are just fantastic dogs! :D ;)
    Your boys are stunning :D