What do you feed your Husky type breeds? Diet

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Brian, Jul 22, 2007.

1. flow-wolf

flow-wolf New Member

Name:
    jools
    My mal is fed on Wainwrights or she likes the Winalot casserole,she's fed raw at weekends,which is a treat for her ( mum always saves her a bone from their sunday roast)

She also has pasta,rice,mashed potato,which she loves :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Dogs, including Mals, should NEVER be fed Cooked bones, EVER :shock: FAARRRRR too dangerous to risk.
  4. Mel

Mel New Member

Name:
    Melody
    Agreed ..cooked bones can splinter and damage the stomach or gut!! RAW bones every time
  5. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

My Mals are fed on BARF and NatureDiet :)

Can only echo the dangers of feeding cooked bones :(
  6. flow-wolf

flow-wolf New Member

Name:
    jools
    OOOhhh well we'll stop the cooked bones then..not had a problem before ..
  7. Skyespirit86

Skyespirit86 New Member

Name:
    Holly
  8. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
  9. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
  10. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    :smt043 WHO Moi ???? :mrgreen:
  11. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
  12. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    :smt042 am I that predictable..........oh dear, best hide :smt042
  13. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    erm...erm...do i have to answer??!! ... would you be convinced if i said no??? :mrgreen: :smt002 :lol:
  14. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Not now :smt042

Who else must think I'm predictable ?? :shock: :smt042
  15. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    i just know you like some thunder now and then hun :mrgreen:
  16. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    :smt042 actually I'm scared stiff of Thunder and really hate it and dread it coming, but I just know some people can't help but clap loud enough to gain my attention :smt043
  17. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    Judah is an Akita and is on Beta puppy, as that's what he was on when I got him recently. I've started adding fish, which he seems to love. As he grows I'll probably give him less of the Beta, as I don't think it's that great and give him more rice, fish, veg and raw meat.
  18. Skyespirit86

Skyespirit86 New Member

Name:
    Holly
    I just don't understand the hostility. I have a friend who studies wolves and spent a year in Canada as part of this last year. They used Huskies and Malamutes as sled dogs (hundreds of them), and for other jobs, and she adores nortern spitz breeds, including samoyeds. She knows a LOT about them, and I know if I used the term 'husky type dogs' to her she'd know what I mean, and not mind in the slightest. It really is of mere importance. She's been out there working with wolves, sled driving, chopping trees, wading through snow....that's the real deal, not fretting over breed names, standards and other 'technicalities.'
    I could easily tell the difference between a Mal and a Husky, but most people cannot, who have not studied dogs. Even some people on dogsey I expect might find it hard. I remember not that long ago, when I first got interested in dogs, looking at breeds in books and not being able to see a difference between some breeds. Huskies and malamutes aren't the only ones- I couldn't tell the difference between CKCS or a CKS. You've probably long forgotten what it feels like not to be able to 'see' things like this first glance, because you've long been initiated into the world of dogs, which most people, even most day- to- day dog owners are not a part of.

Plus, I just read your profile- you're only in Devon- don't answer back or I'll come and get you!!!! With my vicious dog!!! (Cornish lass)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  19. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Running for cover..........
  20. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I do remember what it was like, but I do get offended when all and sundry calls them "Husky types". Why not say Malamute Types or Northern Types or Snow dogs or Spitz types etc. I get sick and tired of the stereotypical view of my dogs. MY dogs are Malamute type, not husky type, and apart from climate and some markings, they have indeed very little in common at all.

AND for your information, ACTUALLY, Cornish Lasses live in Cornwall, I'm in Devon, but originate from Bristol, so I'm a Bristolian Lass :smt019 :smt016 :smt019 .........:mrgreen:
  21. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    :smt042 not you aswell :smt042