Siberian Husky Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Haven't looked back on this post in ages, hi to the new people i haven't spoken to and just wanted to add that since posting here i'v been able to let Khera off the lead loads. Always on the beach and even in the park to play with other dogs. I'm always super careful but i eat my words about never letting her off.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. huskadie

huskadie New Member

milo (fullsibe) is generally ok if theres other dogs 2 play with but have 2 be extra vigilant coz soon as the novelty of new playmates wears off,so is he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    the only way mishka gets to run free is in the garden or in a enclosed basketball pen in our park in the village. she chases around there with my collie with a ball. as when shes out for walks if she sees anything or anyone she wants to get to she just pulls me behind her. the other way she gets to run is with my bike in harness. nice to hear from you vix & glad you liked the pics huskadie.
    bye for now rosexx
  5. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Awww just had to post a couple more pics. They might already be on here somewhere. I love looking at everyone's dogs. Pleeease post more!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    hi vix if u look in the OTHER SPORTS & WORKING DOGS section on dw u will see pics of my dogs working !!.Lovely pics of your dogs ,they look very content.
  7. zero

zero New Member

Aww Vix she has grown up lovely hasn't she :)

your lucky with her off lead is her recall really good or does she just not show the desire to run and run and keep running? There is always the few exceptions to the rule as I have heard of other people who are able to feel quite safe letting their Huskies off but I guess for any new owners they should understand they should never let theirs off unless it is a 100% exception to the rule :)
  8. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    I let my 13 yr old husky off the lead but he is so slow now i feel he is 100% ok , he hasnt the energy to hardly trot let alone run!!!! He is only allowed off when we are in the park up the road as he cant walk far because of his weak back legs,he just potters around now.
  9. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Hi , I thought i would put a few pics in this section of hitching dogs up to run, & some working pics also.

[​IMG]
    wheel dogs

[​IMG]
    lead dogs

[​IMG]
    end of a 3 or 4 mile run

[​IMG]
    cooling off

[​IMG]
    snow dogs

[​IMG]
    exercising with the bike

This is a guide as to how dogs enjoy this type of exercising,even a collie can do it!!!! :)
  10. sibe3

sibe3 New Member

Name:
    Lisa
  11. sibe3

sibe3 New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    SorrY KT has come out twice Bandit is the one asleep with the tortie cat.
  12. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Awww more pics. What fab dogs and i love the working dog pics. Mys as you know from reading my post, today was the first time Khera has run off....she was being chased by a pup and was so busy looking back at it she ran straight out of the park. No harm done though. Generally she is far more relaxed off lead and would prefer to sit and watch other dogs play or have a fuss with the owners after the initial hello's. I am quite cautious as to where i let her off though and only if i feel she is behaving.
  13. huskadie

huskadie New Member

14. zero

zero New Member

lovely to see all these Huskies :)
  15. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Huskadie your pics r lovely such a gorgeous husky xxxx
  16. Vix

Vix New Member

Name:
    Vicky
  17. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Name:
    LESLIE
    Absolutely beautiful pictures. The puppy picture is just too cute. Huskies
    are such great dogs, they're right up there with Border Collies.
    (I have a Border collie/Husky mix :lol: )
  18. huskadie

huskadie New Member

mmmm vix,thats exactly what i thought!!!!!!!showed my oh and he cudnt believe it,apart from the eyes definitely separated at birth!!!!!!!!!!! will try 2 get sum more pics.................. :grin:
  19. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
  20. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Such beautiful dogs - all of them!
    :grin:
  21. huskadie

huskadie New Member

i could eat all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! not in one sitting tho'!! :grin: