Staffy talk General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by bobbles, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bobbles

bobbles New Member

Name:
    Jane

Staffy talk

Hi :) when i talk to my Staff she sort of coo's and hum's and makes a funny groaning noise back to me, its very funny to listen to:lol: and I swear she's trying to talk back to me, does anyone elses Staff do the same thing:?:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. otis

otis New Member

Name:
    Jodie
    MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!

Otis and i have lengthy conversations!!!

The funniest thing is when he gets very excited and does a throaty howl like a wolf!!!!

It makes me laugh so much!! The one thing he hardly does is bark - but talk he always does!!

jodie x
  4. Biff

Biff

Biff loves a good chat

He makes playful growling, moaning type noises, and when he yawns he makes a right racket.

He usually comes for a chat when he's gone a whole 5 minutes without any attention shown to him. We're so cruel sometimes.
  5. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    My girls ain't very vocal but Harvey makes up for that, I swear when I ask him who he loves he says Mama :blush: :lol:
  6. fayemond

fayemond New Member

Name:
    faye
    reading this makes me feel so sad... i hate being at work i just want to be at home with Taz, he is such good company...
    Taz makes a very contented vocal noise when he is going to sleep, i'm sure he is saying..'i love it on the sofa mom, do you?'
  7. otis

otis New Member

Name:
    Jodie
    Dont be sad faye - think of that big staffie grin you will see when you walk through the door tonight and the unconditional love Taz will give you when he sees you!!!

I know how you feel yhough... kind of.

I go home at lunch to see Otis, but it breaks my heart when i have to return to work. He gets all excited when i get in but then he puts on these big puppy sad eyes when i have to come back to work.

He knows how to work those heart strings!!

jodie x
  8. bobbles

bobbles New Member

Name:
    Jane
    My Bobbles has never barked,i'm not sure she even knows how, she also meows like a cat, but it's so funny when they talk:lol
  9. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    Ha ha ! Yes, my Angel is always full of conversation. Quite the little yapper. Specially if it's time for a cuddle, she will right on the arm of the chair and howl away to my face till I giver her plently of loving :grin: Obviously I cannot resist her too long ;-) :lol:
  10. fayemond

fayemond New Member

Name:
    faye
    I got really upset the other day (pregnancy hormones) and Taz came and lay on the bed next to me, gave me lots and lots of love and kissed my tears away! It just amazes me how sensitive they are to our feelings. I know we give them commands like 'down' and 'sit' that they understand but I'm sure they know exactly what we are saying normally.
  11. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    she does her grumbling if she wants something but other than that she tends to lick you if you talk to her!!!

Alex
    xx
  12. bobbles

bobbles New Member

Name:
    Jane
    My Staff was very funny today she's been in the vets poorly, when we bought her home I did the usuall silly voice that I do and she always coos back, but today she kept looking at me and looking away as if to say "I'm not talking to you you left me in the vets all night" she wouldn't even come and sit with me she just kept looking away, so it'll be extra cuddles tonight and hopefully she'll forgive me ,i'm sure they know whats going on:)
  13. Tabatha1

Tabatha1 New Member

Name:
    Michele
    Hi I'm new here, i'm so please to see all the staffy lovers. I have a staffy and my husband and daughter have a staff x each. They are the dearest sweetest funniest dogs and not deserving of the bad press they've been getting lately. There's good and bad in every breed and also in people, in fact there are far more bad people than there are dogs! The press may do well to remember that.
  14. CLMG

CLMG New Member

Name:
    Christine
    I don't own a Staffie, but a friend of myne did, sadley she is no longer with us (the Staffie), and you used to be able to have a conversation with her, and apparantly every morning Sue used to come downstairs and into the kitchen and sing 'good morning young Stubbins how are you today' and she used to sing back to her:lol:
  15. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Mine won't shut up when she gets started :roll: :lol:. Think I'll video her "talking" and post it on this thread . Anyone else ?
  16. bretto

bretto New Member

Name:
    brett
    my 9 week old staff snores his head off
  17. goblygouck

goblygouck New Member

Name:
    Steph
    my staffy youwls and kinda yaps and yelp when ever he feels like you have turned your attetion away from him
  18. RinTinTin

RinTinTin New Member

Name:
    Mutty
    I have a (probably) Staffie/Manchester Terrier X (adult rescue so this is a best guess) but most of my contacts with Staffies comes through walking at our local rescue and I have rarely come across one that wasn't a complete snog monster and dedicated grunter as far as people were concerned. And most of them seem fine with other dogs too. What a shame this breed gets such a bad rep.
  19. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Lol this made me laugh great thread

Ben doesnt ever bark (he has been known to growl at the odd dog :roll: but never bark) But we have such great conversations, he groans and moans when he is happy or dropping off to sleep, and howls, complete with Kong in mouth, when he wants to play, and he yips in his dreams.

But yeah me too I swear he understands when mum is happy, sad, upset, and he responds just right EVERY time.

Don't you just love em all! :grin:
  20. millymoo

millymoo New Member

Name:
    millymoo
    my little Karmer is a right little chatter box barkes and moans when she wants a fuss which is most of the time
    she also makes little pig grunts when shes happy ,which is most of the time