Staff..... Great laff..... General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by IanTaylor, Mar 7, 2007.

1. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian

Staff..... Great laff.....

As we walked along the beach today, Jake Charlie and I met a few of the regulars down by the water. They were further away from there usual bit where they play and "warned" me of a Staffy that was offlead "shock horror" further down the beach. As I walked along I could see the "offending" dog, complete with all the leather and studs and to be fair I guess he did look a bit menacing.. However we carried on along the beach. Jake was first to react as usual, he just can't resist running off to meet new friends. As he did so the Staffy ran back to his owner and sat at his feet, a little wary of this stumpy little Lab charging toward him. After a sniff around though they began to play. Chasing eachother around and running in and out of the water. Turns out the Staffy, who I now new as Joe, had never been in the water, despite his owner trying to encourage him in. Now there he was jumping over the waves and frollocking around with my two. Hauling large chunks of seaweed from the sea and presenting them to his owner and generally having a great time.
    I couldn't get any pics as I only had my phone camera and they wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get close, but I would say this little dog is probably been the best little playmate my two have ever met at the beach and I hope we can bump into them again some time. As I left, his owner thanked me for coming over..... Crazy :roll: :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I sometimes feel a bit greatful when peeps let there dogs have a play with my lot, dogs need to meet and play with other dogs and often with some breeds its few and far between you find a dog owner willing to trust your dog,
  4. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Aye... funny thing is.. one of the people who "warned me" had a little tiny "popular breed" that was snapping away as we passed... I bit my tongue though ;) :lol:
  5. maebme

maebme New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    Oscar and I have met quite a few friendly and affectionate staffies on our walks.
    Sounds like a good time was had by all this morning, Ian - just goes to show....
  6. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Makes me so sad, this type of blatant stupidity against such a loving breed. Delighted to hear Joe had a great time with yours Ian :D
  7. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Just proves once more tonever judge a book by its cover.......sounds like they had great fun.
  8. Toby

Toby New Member

Name:
    Janet
    Sounds like little Joe had a great time with your boys :grin:
  9. Clair

Clair New Member

Name:
    CLAIR
    shame you couldnt get ne pics
    peolpe always say how beautiful trin is but take a wide birth why'll saying it,lol
    soon we will be haveing a stafford join our family,god knows wot people will think wen i take the 2 of em down the beach!?
  10. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    pics would have been nice - why do people have to be doggist!! makes me cross!

Sounds like a great time Jake and Joe had!
  11. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Sounds like they all had a great time :grin:. Ian , any time you are coming to Edinburgh area , let me know . My Staffie adores other dogs and would play all day if she got the chance :roll: :lol:. Once at PAH , there were 2 Bichons straining on their leads , snarling and yapping , trying to have a go at any dog that went near them ! Missy wanted to go play with them :lol:. She went into a puppy play bow and her tail wagged frantically, round and round like a helicopter :lol:. She does the same as Joe at the beach , bringing me bits of seaweed , shells in fact anything she can find so that I can throw it in the water and she can go scuba diving to find it :lol:. Staffies are great dogs , always on the go and soooooooooooooo playful.
  12. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    What a lovely story Ian.
    Sounds as though Joe had a great time with yours.
    We want Pics next time! :grin:
  13. Adele4dan

Adele4dan New Member

Name:
    Adele
    This sounds just like something Greg would do, he plays with his friends for hours, His favourite game is mud wrestling with his gold.ret Girlfriend.
    He comes out totally brown, cant even see his white patch!
  14. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    When I`m out walking mine off the lead I can see people bracing themselves mentally for what might be coming next , especialy if they have dogs. When my 2 turn out to be friendly you instantly see them relax.
    I`ve had a woman`s little yorkie run up & my 2 just ignored it, only for her to come up & say her dog was a nasty piece of work with other dogs ! Thankfully it didn`t show any aggression to mine, just stood right next to them wondering what they were doing. Thankfully I have dogs that like to focus on me when I say sit or come, don`t know what would have happened if they looked at that dog, but I bet my dog`s would have got the blame.
    I`ve had a bloke put his Spaniel pup on a leash till it was well past us only for him to let it off the leash & it to come running back to my dogs to play, my dogs werent in the slightest way bothered, I think that shocked him.
    It makes me angry & laugh at the same time (maybe I`m a little bit strange), angry because of peoples pre- misconceptions, laugh when their prejudes are proved (not unsurprisingly to me) wrong.
    I`ve met lot`s of dogs that were to highly strung andthe vast majority of them were not bullbreeds (usually fluffy type little dogs or working breeds but by no means the majority of them).
  15. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Sounds like they all had a great time. Sadly I had the opposite happen to me. This young staffy came running up to my lot and I was quite happy for him to do so but his owner came up and put him on a lead and dragged him off :-(
    I so need nice dogs to greet my lot so they get used to other dogs!
    Becky