European Travelling with a Staffy - advice needed! Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Avani, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Avani

Avani New Member

Name:
    Shez

European Travelling with a Staffy - advice needed!

Firstly, hello everyone! just registered! Dont have a dog at the moment but looking to rehome one!!! :grin: :grin:

Hi, Mods - I wasnt sure which one to put this in so put it in both? I am not sure if thats allowed?

I just wondered if anyone had experiance travelling Europe with SBT? I have been reading several sites but it all seems quite confusing... so I wondered if anyone had any first hand accounts of how easy it was in terms of differant countries legislation on the SBT breed? or any bullbreed for that matter? I was hoping on rescuing a SBT / SBT X but as I have plans to travel Europe (in car) at some point and will want to take my dog with me I am just not sure about what this will intail!

Has anyone had any problems - are they banned in some countries? I have heard horror stories about SBTs being 'tested' before deemed ok in public?

Any first hand advice would be great!!!

Thank x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Firstly for re-entry into the UK your dog must comply with the Pet Travel Scheme. Go to the DEFRA site and all will be explained. Then I would suggest contacting the relevant consulate of the country/countries you wish to travel to or through and ask them what their particular rules are. Not all breeds are banned but some breeds have restrictions on walking in public etc.
    I'd put a little book together with all the relevant information but then you should be able to travel quite freely between countries, apparently most border checks let you go straight through in any event!
    Becky
  4. griff

griff New Member

hi:grin: i will be interested to see what replies you get as i became very confused over the whole sbt being banned in some european countries thing too:roll: