Our beloved sharpei died last night General Chat

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by mikesacre, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Lynn,
    I will miss him terribly and hope that through Dizzy I might be able to get another one later, it never gets easier does it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Hi Vicki,

You could be right, Kingston used to be a nice place until they started to develope it, like everywhere these days they ruin it all by constantly building on any space they can.

How many dogs have you, I do like your breed and did consider getting one some years ago, but then went and got another Shar-pei.
  4. Sweep

Sweep New Member

Name:
    Sheena
  5. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Welcome to the forum Mike, so sad to read about your loss.
  6. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Hi Mike and welcome to Dogsey

I am so sorry for your loss. You must be totally devastated. Hopefully Dizzy will point you in the right direction now.
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    So sorry to read of your very sad loss. It is never easy to lose a treasured companion and family member, but two in such a short time is a double blow. :cry:

You are in my thoughts.
  8. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    To all the kind people that have contacted me on this forum
    I would like to thank you all it is truly appreciated, I must say you are a great bunch of folks who know how to comfort someone in times like these.

I hope that I can be of some help in the future for someone else.
  9. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    I'm sure you will Mike - that's the caring effect Dogsey has on us all xx
  10. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    So sorry to hear of your loss..........
  11. allmad

allmad New Member

Name:
    Mark
    So sorry to hear about your loss.

We have only had our Ozzy for 2 weeks and if anything happened to him it would break out hearts.

Its amazing the effects a dog or any pet can have on you.

You take care...........
  12. Miss Potter

Miss Potter New Member

Name:
    Lianne
    So sorry to hear of your sad losses!:-(

Welcome to Dogsey!
  13. Vodka Vixen

Vodka Vixen New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Hello

I have only just read this and i am so sorry for your loss, i too lost a Shar Pei to Amoloyd he died just before his 4th birthday about 5 years ago, but please don't think ALL Shar Pei's suffer from this because they don't, i am not a breeder but with our first one we made all the classic mistakes and bought one that was from a not so reputable breeder and he was ill from the start, I know a few people who have had Shar Pei and they have lived out their whole lives free of any disease.

All i can say is a huge amount of research is needed when thinking of buying ANY dog but especially Shar Pei and again i am so sorry for your losses it is never easy.

Thinking of you

[​IMG]

Jules

xxx
  14. Hannah

Hannah New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    I am sorry to hear of your loss! Wellcome to Dogsey I hope we can be a comfort to you at this dificult time!
  15. philliplewis32

philliplewis32 New Member

Name:
    PHILLIP
    sorry to here about your sharpei.s ,the same happened to us we only had her 1 month its very upsetting ,that was june last year.since then weve breed 3 litters of our own and they have all been heathy thank god .
    wishing u all the best
    sam
  16. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That seems like an awful lot - hmmmmm.. without making any assupmtions at this point, I hope you have read this: http://www.dogsey.com/dog-breeders.htm especially the bit about ethical and non-ethical breeders.
  17. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    To Vodka Vixen,

I am sorry to hear you have suffered in a similar way it is such a shame when they are such lovely animals and wonderful characters.

I will not be put off getting another pei as we love the breed so much It would be difficult to change now as we have had them for over 8 yrs. Mind you I love all dogs but prefer to have a sharpei.

I have been talking to Dizzy about going to see one of her dogs later in the year so fingers crossed she may be able to help us out.

Thanks for your contact it was nice. Mike
  18. Vodka Vixen

Vodka Vixen New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Hi Mike

I wouldn't have ANY other breed of dog the Shar Pei is my one and only love, we have a 5mnth old pup at the mo and he is doing great, clean bill of health and fingers crossed it will stay that way. Dizzy is a top breeder, she won't see you go wrong and i would be happy to put you in touch with the breeder we got ours from (she's lovely too) we were EXTRA careful this time and we followed his progress from the day he was born and we are still in regular contact with the breeder, i think the key is patience we contacted lots of breeders but chose this one because she was the only one that showed any concern of where and who her dogs were going to, almost had to fill out a questionaire :lol: but that gave us peace of mind that her dogs were well loved.

Good luck for the future and i hope you find your perfect new addition.

Jules

xxx
  19. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Sorry to here this Mike, just caught up, our thoughts are with you though :-( . Big Dobie hugs coming your way xxx
  20. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Thanks natalie your words are appreciated we are going away for a few days to recover.

Best wishes Mike
  21. mikesacre

mikesacre New Member

Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Jules, you have given me some hope as to breeders as it is a bit of a minefield out there, I will bear what you have said in mind thanks once again for your contact.

Best wishes Mike