Haircut Photos

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Tone, Aug 31, 2024.

1. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni

Haircut

Pups just had a drastic haircut, took the pup to the groomer’s on Wednesday as he has had the usual ear matts where his slip lead goes and the usual problems with long hair and ears , but also I had noticed that his coat on the underside was doing the same and they was getting harder to brush out, so thought right I need it sorted out and start again, so here is is with his long hair and his new short hair, which I can’t believe that I thought he was all relatively white and the odd brown patch but now he has so many freckles under his coat I thought it was a different dog when I collected him back :eek: but he feels so much softer now. But at least the combover has gone too :lol: IMG_3155.jpeg IMG_3160.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka, Toedtoes and Tone like this.
    It's a neat job and will be easier to keep free from bits and burrs. The downside is that it might grow back thicker, but you can always have him clipped again.
    I like freckles on a dog, and would have loved a mottle Beagle, but we are losing that colour in show stock. It's still found in Foxhound packs though.
  4. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni
    Thank you Carole, yes I was forever pulling or combing out love buds from him when they go to seed, I didn’t really want him shaved like that but I just couldn’t get the knots out, so rather than just cutting them out and leaving patches of short hair everywhere I booked him to be done properly. Yes I know his fur was coming back all fluffy from when I had his feathers cut off because they would really knot and his hind would drag through the mud or he would mess in them.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka and Tone like this.
    Tornado-dog has freckles under his coat.

I love longer haired dogs, especially the Old English, but just can't deal with the upkeep. I stay awy from long haired cats too. Of course Tornado-dog and Punx have pantaloons but burrs tend to just slide out of with a quick pull.

He looks good either way - cut or not. His after photo looks like he can't quite decide whether to be embarrassed by his haircut or not. :lol:
  6. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni
    Malka likes this.
    Thank you toedtoes also, he does seem better off for it and it will be loads better for towelling him too when he gets wet and even the doxie thought he was a new dog when I brought him home, to the point in a good way cos he tried humping him when he got back thinking he was a new dog and putting him in his place, he just looked at him with a look of (REALLY?)