Feeding / food Questions

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by Tone, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Well I can honestly say that what I’m doing with my dog is working, so I’m sticking with what I know that works, he’s active, healthy and settled and he is looked after in the right way as in he gets his vet checks and boosters and any problems he goes back again.
    I was genuinely looking for pointers that I might have been missing or could include to a problem that’s intermittent, to which you all have kindly helped me with. If I’m not able to care for my animals in the right way then I shouldn’t have them.
    I apologise if this sounds like a rant but it’s not intended to sound that way at all :blush:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    IMHO, you have done things right. You asked questions and then talked to the vet and came up with a plan together based on your dog's specific circumstances.
  4. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni
    Thank you toedtoes, it was the other couple of comments about what and how should be feeding and how I should be treating my animals that came across as a little condescending as I have noticed in other forums aswell. The rest of the comments have been a big help though and that I thank you all. This being the first springer in 20 years of being with them that I have come across this problem. So as they say trial and error to get where you need to be.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    The one poster with a chip on their shoulder is gone, so no more of that.

We do get the occasional marketer. They tend to provide generic information and that often includes stuff that is not relevant to the question. Usually they pop in and once their links get removed, they wander off. Once in a while we get one who sticks around for a while - with them, I try to get them to step away from their content regurgitation and participate as a person, but it doesn't always work.

It's best to just ignore that stuff and focus on the posts that are relevant and knowledgable.
  6. Tone

Tone Member

Name:
    Toni
    Malka and Toedtoes like this.
    Well I appreciate the other comments that have been given to me, I did find it hard to not bite my tongue and not say something tbh. But I was very much calm in what I had written as I could of put worse :cool: but thank you again and I shall in future learn to ignore these certain types of people
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka likes this.
    You handled it very well. Sometimes, we just can't ignore it no matter how hard we try.

Stick around. There are good people here regularly and we get the occasional passerby looking for help.