Staffy X or Staffy??? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by BIGEMZ, Jun 16, 2023.

1. BIGEMZ

BIGEMZ New Member

Name:
    BIGEMZ

Staffy X or Staffy???

Can anyone help with telling me what this boy might be crossed with please, if anything...? He is 10.5 years old and so gentle. Long in the leg, longer, slimmer nose, and about 20kg in weight. Rehoming him tomorrow...

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Sorry, but there really is no way of knowing based on a photo. The other parent needn't even be a single breed - it could have been a Heinz 57. You can have a dna test done if you are really curious. It isn't very expensive to just do the breed determination one.
    He is a lucky boy to have found you, and I hope you will have a lovely future together.
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I agree. It is very difficult to determine breed makeup based on appearance alone. Sure you can say "that's definitely got beagle in him" if he looks like a purebred beagle, but you can't say with absolut certainty that he is purebred unless you have a pedigree or get a dna test.

When you get into the bully breeds, that becomes much more difficult. Bully breeds are so closely intertwined that a dog may show characteristics of a different breed even if they have none of that in them.

For example, I had a purebred white boxer. People mistook her for a "pitbull" constantly. I even had a boxer breeder ask "is she a boxer?" because she did not have a typical boxer appearance.

A dog who looks to be a purebred husky, could actually have a bit of labrador in them.

With my Tornado-dog, he is commonly identified as a border collie. He fits the size, the shape, the head structure, and the general coat appearance. But in reality, he doesn't have any border collie in him. He is actually a parsons russell terrier, collie (as in Lassie), shih tzu, and pekinese.