Touching gesture... Behaviour

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by gzhpcu, Jul 8, 2016.

1. gzhpcu

gzhpcu New Member

Name:
    Phil
    6JRT's, Malka and CaroleC like this.

Touching gesture...

Piccolo surprised us last night. He sleeps in his little bed in our bedroom (though towards morning he joins us...). He normally goes for a midnight snack. Last night a rattling noise from the kitchen woke me up. I saw that Piccolo's bed was empty, so I went to the kitchen, and sure enough, there he was, staring at me. He had rattled his water dish to let me know that it was empty and he was thirsty. I promptly filled it and went back to bed. After he had drank, he came back into our bedroom, jumped up on the bed and came over to give me a lick on my cheek, out of gratitude, then went to bed! I was absolutely speechless! Another proof that dogs are a man's best friend!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They are brilliant. Tikva sleeps in a crate in my bedroom and if she needs a poo she wakes me by rattling her crate. She will still pee in her crate if necessary but will not do a poo in it. I keep a puppy pad in the salon for her to poo on. Ickle puppy, ickle poos. No problems.

If it is too early to get up, she goes back in her crate with a small bikkie so I can get a bit more sleep.

Brilliant? These little dogs are absolutely wonderful.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    At least he didn't crack you over your head with his emptied water bowl, unlike a certain dog of mine does :)

Yes these little dogs are marvellous creatures.
  5. mikebusano

mikebusano New Member

Name:
    Mike
    That's sweet. This is why I love dogs, they know how to give back your love. :)