Tail docking in a German Shorthaired Pointer? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by gennyjohns, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Tarimoor likes this.
    A minority of show gundogs do go on to get their KC Working Certificate. This enables those with 3 or more CC's to use the, 'full' title of Champion, (Ch.), rather than that of Show Champion, (Sh.Ch.). Not exactly the same as the real thing, but it does need training for, and demonstrates the basic requirements.
    I am a great fan of working tests for sporting dogs as it channels their basic instincts, and maintains some level of original function in the breed.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    CaroleC likes this.
    I like working my dogs, nothing like putting them in the real situation to see whether they have the ability, or not.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    Joanne it was what I learned about raw feeding from you. The baby I have now, who had to be bottle fed, was weaned onto raw raw. Her primary vet is a vegan but she accepts that the puppy is raw fed and she chombles raw food as if it is the best in the world!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Joanne it was what I learned about raw feeding from you. The baby I have now, who had to be bottle fed, was weaned onto raw raw. Her primary vet is a vegan but she accepts that the puppy is raw fed and she chombles raw food as if it is the best in the world!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    sorry- error and mistake in postage
  7. inspiredbynature

inspiredbynature New Member

Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the explanations everyone. I wasn't aware that this was a UK regulation. Tessy and her parents are CKC registered " Canadian ". I assumed it was a general change to all registries since I've noticed rotties here are no longer docked.
  8. gspruger

gspruger New Member

Name:
    Heather
    I have had 3 GSP's so far, all with docked tails and I prefer a docked tail for a few reasons.
    1. Hunting, these dogs will tear right though any kind of brush and the long tails will be at a higher risk to injuries
    2. The tail is very long, and these dogs do get happy easily so when they wag their tail you don't want to be too close
    3. The look, if it is important t you, you might prefer the look of a shorter tail