Is it or is it not General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.

Is it or is it not

What do you think?

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Tikva is :049: :049: with a little bit of :077: but still :049: :049:
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Believe it or not - and looking at Tikva I have great difficulty in believing it is not, but that is NOT Tikva.

I found it on Google Images and thought "why have they got a picture of Tikva?" but that, apparently, is not even a cross between a Dachshund and a Minpin, which Tikva is - it is, so they say, a cross between a Daxie and a Beagle.

Tikva, of course, is totally disgusted and I am rather puzzled.

Why show a picture of what they say is a cross between a Dachshund and Beagle under the section Dachshund/Minpin cross?

Anyhow, if that is not identical to Tikki then I do not know what is, and there is definitely no Beagle in her. She is a first cross between a standard Dachshund dam and a Minpin sire, and there is no doubt about that.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Of course it's Tikva.

She's been moonlighting and doing a bit of modelling on the side.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    No, it is not Tikva although the only thing that I can see that is different is that the dog shown has larger ears - well, you can only see one

Apparently it is supposedly a Beagle/Dachshund cross and as that photograph was taken in 2007 it definitely is not Tikva, and tbh I cannot see any Beagle in it.
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    A doppelgänger!
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    OMG I thought it was your mini monster Tikva.

I just put in long leg dachshund & Dachshund mix & come across more that look bit like Tikva.

This photo said long legged Dachshund
    Cody standing.jpeg

Dachshund x Beagle
    ddbabe6b6ab98c2bdd931319b25546d5.jpeg

Dachshund cross
    mandy-32544_1958_medium.jpeg
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tina, that second picture is one of the Beagle/Dachshund as in my OP when that dog was a puppy. Her head/face looks similar but Tikva has smaller ears and has thinner legs.

Neither of the other two really look like Tikki - I know she has longer legs than a Daxie but they are Daxie shaped with Queen Ann front feet and she does not look anything like the dog in the first picture.

Oh, so difficult to describe her - I really must start taking more photographs, if I can keep her still enough.

She is just Tikva, with her own shape unlike anything I have found on Google Images. It was just that first picture of the Beagle/Dachshund that looked so much like her as it only showed her head, and all I was looking for were pictures of a Dachshund/Minpin cross. And that picture turned up.

It does not really matter though, does it. Because Tikva is who she is and I love her.
  10. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    6JRT's likes this.
    I immediately thought Tikva, but although our pups might have twins...like you say, truly there is only one of them. This is my baby boy
    [​IMG]

then google brown American bull dog
    [​IMG]

Of course I can see differences even from this angle. Callie has shoulders big enough to get him stuck trying to turn around sometimes. This pup looks slimmer in build.