German Shepherd Dog (Alsatian) Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    O my god, Bruce and Mishka are stunning.
    I have never seen any of these.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    MR, Mishka and Darla do seem to fit the size of a King Shepherd. They're gorgeous looking dogs too :grin:

It'll be interesting to see how many people have very large GSDs. They may well have King Shepherds in thier lineage :grin:
  4. Meganrose

Meganrose New Member

Name:
    Kath
    Well Mishka does, but Darla is by last years British Champion and has the Swedish Belgium and German Champions as her direct descendants..so definitely not King Shepherd:lol: But both gorgeous in their own unique ways:grin:
  5. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Darla is such a sweetheart :smt007 I'm sure she's a champion in every way ;-) :grin:
  6. Luke

Luke New Member

Lovely pictures everyone-really have a soft spot for Shaan, hes gorgeous!
    A question to all you GSD peeps out there, and it may sound ridiculous! I seem to see a lot of variety in the 'bone structure' of a lot of GSD's, is this down to the lines in them or something? Would love to know please, just all the German Shepherd I can remember family members having were all quite heavily framed with nice 'broad' heads too them, yet nowdays there seems to be quite a bit of variety to the head shape/build.
  7. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Thanks Luke :grin:

The variety of bone structure is down to lines and KC breed standards.

It sounds like the one's you remember are GSDs of English lines. These are bigger, heavier boned and straight backed. :grin:
  8. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    As Wolfie already said more likely the English lines you remember, plus there is also a lot of people just breeding for the pet market reguardless of health test or standards. You will find over the last 15yrs more people are leaning towards the Continental Lines especialy as it is now easier to bring them in to the country or take a bitch to Germany for mating, but if you do look at recent VA dogs you will find they have good bold masculine heads, part of the breed characteristics is that you can tell what sex the GSD is by its head,
    [​IMG]

These are both males Zamp vom Thermodos and Quantum von Arminius

[​IMG]

This bitch is Xara vom Agilolfinger, compare their heads. all are excellent examples of their breed and top winning lines in Europe.
    pam
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    I love those big headed dogs in the top pic, but the bitch is just too stunning for words!!! I could scrum him up that dog on the right in the first pic, his head is sooooo fantastic and very dark, I do like the dark faces. No wonder these dogs are winners they are truly beautiful, some of the best examples I've seen of this breed. Mind you, I'm still biased with the longcoats!:grin:
  10. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Stunning dogs wildmoor :grin: I love the last one :grin: