K9 my super dog hero General Chat

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by 6JRT's, Apr 29, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Meg and Azz like this.

K9 my super dog hero

Roughly 3 weeks ago I trip over a pothole & I thought I had just twisted my ankle so didn't bother about going A&E, but for past week my ankle has been giving me jiff specially in the morning when I get up, so today I decided to go walk in clinic taking K9 with me, after booking myself in I went round to the waiting room as soon as I turned the corner there in front of me was big sign saying 4 hour waiting YIKES, so me & K9 went to the seating area & sat there waiting.

After 2 hours of sitting there I was having trouble focusing & K9 was giving the diabetic low sugars alert signal, so I went to the nurse station told them K9 was giving me the diabetic low sugars signal & they did blood test which showed my sugars were only 3, I was rushed straight through to have a X-Ray & was given fizzy drink, 2 glucose tables & apple afterwards, then when I was waiting to see the Dr K9 started giving the diabetic low sugars signal again, I then went back to the nurse station again & told them K9 was still giving low sugars signal so they did another blood test & this time my sugars were only 2.3.

The nurses flew into action & connected me up to a glucose drip & was checking on me every 5 mins after 30 mins my sugars started to go back up to normal, in the meantime the Dr came to see me & told me I had a cracked bone in my ankle, I now have a Velcro boot thingy on me ankle & was given a lightweight support pull on bandage to wear in bed.

I brought K9 my super dog hero a new football & squeaky toy for alerting me that my sugars were falling low, without him being there with me, my sugars would have fallen deadly low & I would of gone into an diabetic coma.

K9 my super dog hero
    4.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    What a hero! Hope you're feeling much better now and that your sugar levels have stabilised.

A painful ankle is no fun either - hope it doesn't take too long to mend.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes my sugars are back to 8.5 now Janet, the Dr said it was waste of time putting a cast on as its been 3 weeks, that's why I got that Velcro boot thingy
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Well done K9! :023:
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.
    You're SUPERDOG K9! :038:

Hope you're feeling better!
  7. buglysprince

buglysprince New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    6JRT's likes this.
    Way to go K9 ! Well deserved treats dogs truly are amazing :) glad you are feeling better
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    Well done K9 - you're a real superhero :D
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I must admit I do rely on K9 a lot, as my sugars were normal before I went to walk in clinic.
    K9 picks up straight away as soon as my sugars go below 4.5, without him I not be able to go out on my own, when I am being seen to by nurses paramedics or Doctor's he will go sit near the opposite wall to me, so he's not getting in the way.
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Well done K9, love the outfit x
  11. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's likes this.
    Fantastic job K9!! :023:
  12. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    thats is amazing. it blows my mind that dogs can even do this kind of thing for people.
  13. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    6JRT's likes this.
    Absolutely Brilliant...Well done K9. Take care. of each other.!
    Thanks for sharing.
  14. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    6JRT's likes this.
    What an amazing story.
    Well done K9 another example of how much our dogs are in tune with their human owners.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    What a brilliant story. He really is a superdog. Hope the ankle heals quickly.