What is your favourite bit of technology? Technology

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Dr.D likes this.

What is your favourite bit of technology?

Digital Audio Players? Personal Computers? iPhones/mobiles? Tablets? Kindles? Or??
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dr.D

Dr.D New Member

Name:
    Dr. D
    Azz likes this.
    I am into electronics, Tablets, Computers (Apple), T.V. DVD Players. Telecommunications and new advances in technology. This field is moving so fast that software is written before the hardware is developed.
  4. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Azz likes this.
    My laptop :)
    It is my shopping center,bank,encyclopedia,entertainment and since I retired my principle communication with the outside world. How on earth did I manage without one :D
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
    I love my laptop and recently joined the 21st century and got an iPhone - and I LOVE it!
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    Useless with technology - bring back the quill pen I say.

BUT the best thing ever is Sky Plus.
  7. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    Favourites are my phone and macbook with kindle in third place. I feel lost when out without my phone :blush:
  8. MOOOMA

MOOOMA New Member

Name:
    monica
    I really like technology! I'm a graphic designer and a programmer I deal with
    [Link removed] I love dogs, and in particular Pugs!
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    6JRT's likes this.
    All of it. My latest important bit of technology is a cctv camera that allows me to view my lad's living room so that I can see if he's having a seizure.

It's not perfect because I can't watch it 24/7, but a new piece of kit that should be out in the very near future is a watch type thing that monitors his bio levels that should then alert me by phone that a fit is likely. That combined with the CCTV should make life a lot easier for both him and me
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @Chris B - I hope that new thing that should be coming out soon will really come out soon, so you will be able to make life easier for both of you. Everything crossed that it will be soon.

Incidentally, how is he at the moment? I think about him a lot.
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Chris have you thought about getting a medic alert dog, they are trained to pick up the change in body odour, I never go anywhere with out K9 as he's my medic alert dog he lets me know or one of my men up to a hour before I am going to have a seizure.
  12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    6JRT's likes this.
    The head injury he sustained has caused some brain damage which is the big concern at the moment, but the fits are a constant worry.

Unfortunately, the fits he has now aren't typical in that he doesn't shake, but goes rigid. If he did shake, there are watches out already that can monitor this, but they wouldn't be any use to him.

He is not responsible enough for a dog as he tends to forget things so maintaining a routine a dog needs is not viable.

We'll get there with him one way or the other