French Bulldogs - is yours a 'licker'? Behaviour

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by s7eph, Nov 9, 2013.

1. s7eph

s7eph New Member

Name:
    Steph

French Bulldogs - is yours a 'licker'?

anybody else have a frenchie? if so, is yours a 'licker'
    My Fred will lick any skin that he finds, especially at night. I wear more clothes to bed than i wear during the day, otherwise, i'd get no sleep at all. Mind you would save on water bills LOL
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    I haven't got a frenchie but my dog's a licker aswell. With full concentration she'll lick you until she thinks you're clean (which is never.).

One of her recently acquired friends is a little french bulldog who's in love with her. First time he saw her he got so excited he was bubbling from his mouth!
  4. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    My dog lick lick licks away but only my hands. Unless I've splodged some sun tan lotion or moisturiser on - she likes to remove that. And she especially likes licking my hands when I've just washed them. Dogs! Huh!
  5. y_not

y_not New Member

Name:
    Tony
    Yuk! I just hate my dogs licking (I can't help but remember what else they have wrapped their tongues around!!).

I work on my dogs while they are pups by grabbing their tongues for a second every time they attempt to lick. The effect is not comfortable (and not painful - try it on yourself) and very quickly they decide that it's not a nice thing to do.

Currently working on the Yorkie but finding it difficult because, unlike the Collie and Spaniel the tongue is quite a bit smaller ... not sure if it will work on him!
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    With a staffie and 2 Pugs I'm licked thoroughly on a daily basis. I did train Diesel the staffie not to do it when he was a pup but these days he thinks what's good for the Pugs is good enough for him. Mind you he licks everything from the baby gate, the sofa and even the floor:shock: At least the Pugs are particular about what they lick :lol:
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

:shock: :shock: is this a wind up:shock: