German SHEPHERD dog Working Dogs

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, Aug 5, 2012.

1. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz

I think a coupple LGD's would fit in nicely.:grin:
    I'd say you could borrow my one, only I'm quite attached to him, plus he's only 5 months and hasn't yet displayed any inclination to guard:lol:not that I was expecting it at this age and given his chilled out nature.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Aww he sounds fab :grin: Do you expect his instinct to kick in when he matures?
  4. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I would think so, though as he's my first LGD I can't say anything with any great certainty, apart from he's going to be quite tall, he's already shoulder height with one of the labs, around 60 cms ish.

Will try to upload some recent pics later.
  5. MadisonSale

MadisonSale New Member

Name:
    Madison Sale
    Any updates on the progress of the lovely Zak? have been an avid stalker of this thread and looking forward to more pictures haha :lol:
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Ha thanks for asking Madison.

With lambs getting ready for market, we haven't had as much chance to have Zak out on the sheep, but there are a couple of small videos, which I will post, as you are interested :mrgreen:

He is starting to show a bit more interest in the sheep now when in the training field, which is great - but I was so chuffed that when an errant ewe popped out of some of the rushes on the hill on Friday night only about 20 feet from where Zak was, and I could immediately recall him and he didn't take off after the tempting woolly bum disappearing into the distance :lol:

As soon as I get a chance, I will update with new piccies.

I will just upload the vids ...
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    The latest short videos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. MadisonSale

MadisonSale New Member

Name:
    Madison Sale
    :D brilliant video's hun, thanks for taking the time to post them for me and others who love seeing his progress!

:lol: at the woolly bum image, but well done on the recall, just shows how much of a good boy he is listening to his mummy :)
  9. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    Looking good. Do the sheep react differently to him; than they do the collies?

Helen
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks both.

I did wonder what might go through his head when he saw the lone ewe, and whether it would trigger more of a prey drive, so was really chuffed when he recalled immediately :)

The sheep do seem to keep an eye on him, but I wouldn't say they react differently as such. A dog is a dog to them.
  11. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Brilliant. Bless his heart. So controlled. He is just always wanting to do somethinng! Like when he looks at the sheep... Then looks anywhere But the sheep, as if he's thinking.. "There must be something she wants me to do." Gorgeous as usual, well done you and well done Zak. Thanks for sharing.
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Just a quick update on this. Due to sorting lambs out to sell, as well as buying and selling at the sheep markets, Zak has only been out a handful of times on the sheep. He is still doing small jobs around the place and I was pleased a couple of weeks ago when a stray ewe jumped up from a rush bed when we weren't expecting her, and Yogi took off after her for a few hundred yards but Zak immediately recalled :) Good boy!

We have some new tups bought from the various markets and so I may try Zak on them over the weekend, just to see if he will help gather them up with one of the collies and see what he makes of the big boys :D Will try to remember the camera.
  13. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thanks for the update Moobli. Well done Zak, (Good Job).
    look forward to the Pictures. Good luck. Let Zak carry the camera. THEN IT WONT BE LEFT AT HOME.:)
  14. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    It's great seeing such a beautiful boy going back to his roots as it were. He seems to be doing a very good job Moobli - maybe his star will really shine with the tups - they might be less likely to give a GSD a hard time, than a smaller, slighter more traditional collie.

Terrific job, well done you!
  15. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks both :) Will update over the weekend.