German Shepherd x Jack Russell Questions

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Barney'sMum, Jul 26, 2012.

1. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    ]Yip but imo there should ahve been an injection used
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lozzyt44

lozzyt44 New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Hey Barney's Mum,
    I was thinking about getting a german shepherd cross jack russel.. do you reccommend them? how big did yours end up getting? do you have any recent photos? THANKS!!!
  4. steph52

steph52 New Member

Name:
    stephanie
    i've seen rottwellerxJR ... mum was the jack. the pups looked like rotts with their legs cut down lol
  5. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    i would defo reccommend it if you can find one he is such a sweetheart he's like a gs in a mini body he's VERY stubborn when he wants to be but on the flip side picks things up very quickly and the only real issue is that his recall isn't 100% yet.

He has very mixed ears sometimes he will put them up like a gs sometimes he will have one up one down like a gs puppy and sometimes they look 100% jack russell it can completely change his face but its adorable

i have a photo of him with my friends jack russell which should give you an idea of his size he's 6 months old now and weighs roughly 11kg

[​IMG].com/albums/ii543/barneysmum1/679_4392235495544_162167264_n.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
  7. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
  8. lozzyt44

lozzyt44 New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Thank you so much for your help!! How much did you buy her for if you don't mind me asking!! She is the cutest thing ever!!!!
  9. marianne38

marianne38 New Member

Name:
    marianne morris
    Lovely photos- he looks very mischievous :lol:
  10. Shane

Shane New Member

Name:
    Shane
    I can definitely believe this is a GSDxJRT going from the looks, and I think he looks good but it would probably be hard to find another.

Glad you're doing well with him
  11. silhouette

silhouette

Name:
    Alex
    Nice looking boy.
    Interesting cross. Couldn't help thinking I'm surprised they didn't terminate the pregnancy, must have been risky for the bitch.
  12. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Thanks for the update Rachel - he's looking great :)
  13. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    tbh we were looking for a gsd as we always had them growing up and stumbled across him they said it was an accident etc etc so fully expected them to then potter off and fix it so there could be no more accidents but i've heard since there has been some puppies previously which if i'd have known i would have said something!
  14. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel

i have managed to find one other from googling....i just wanted an idea of where we end up size wise....and i struggled to find him its good fun tho seeing reactions when you tell people what he is crossed with!
  15. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    he definitely is lol he likes to keep us on our toes!
  16. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    sorry for the late reply been a bit manic sorting xmas out and i've been away i believe it was £120 i have no idea whether this is normal expensive etc as i grew up in the middle of the country where you would always get crosses free to good homes but he would have been worth it at 100 times the price for me as he is such a sweetheart
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    He`s a cutie, but to be honest cant see any GSD in there at all :?
  18. Barney'sMum

Barney'sMum New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    alot of people tell me he has a doberman look about him among lots of other breeds i think i've got a lot of years of 'whats he crossed with?' coming up but its all good fun :)
  19. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Please read our posting guidelines before posting on this forum again. In particular, review your attitude and tone and make sure it is in-keeping with our friendly ethos. Thank you.

If you want to query or reply to this, please use the Contact Admin section, not this thread.
  20. niko

niko New Member

Name:
    Nicole
    Oh he is lovely, We have got one to she is only 13 wks old and is very Tan coloured with a black mussel like a GS, She sits like a GS but runs around like JR very funny...not sure how big she will be, not very I think, her mother was the GS and dad JR :)
  21. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member

Name:
    Dizzy
    He is very cute and definitely a happy accident. I certainly hope people don't start intentionally breeding them though, and I wouldn't be encouraging people to look for one....

It is lucky the bitch didn't suffer and ill effect from having such large puppies.

Sometimes these things happen and they are amazing, but never, ever to be repeated. My bodhi is one of them!!