Pitbull do amazing stuff!! Controversial

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Kirabo, Jun 25, 2012.

1. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Podgy?????
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    i would not post vids of my dogs training in personal protection.they send the wrong message.there not pretty and are up for negitive conversation.i will speek and show some who undestand and share the same interest.you would see intensity,groweling, attacking ,teeth and images that does the pit, no good,but its taught with love,understanding and most of all .....play.its controlled and fun.looks nasty and its a hobby and grat exersise for the dogs ,mind and body.
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Strange how we all see different things isn't it?

I see a beautiful, fit, powerful dog doing what the breed loves to do! His owner is giving him the outlet for his energies in a way which this type of dog responds to well. It may be cliche to see a pit tyre-hanging and doing jaw-work but we cannot just assume that the owner uses this dog for fighting or other nefarious purposes based soley on this video. I do agree that this kind of video is likely to lead to many assumptions about this dog, maybe intentionally, but maybe not..
    I did not see him kick the dog. I saw the guy playfully taking out his front legs to destabilize him. Would I do that? no, but I do not think the owner was being malicious.

If I saw this pit irl I would probably be concerned, especially for my own dogs safety, based mostly on one of the photos of him snarling at a staffie. However, the man-dog bond in this video looked strong and I thought he had good control over him with the work outs they were doing.

I disliked the music!! I disliked the hard-man, chavvy vibe but really there was not much in the video to warrant some of the remarks directed at the OP imo.
  5. bfetterman

bfetterman New Member

Name:
    Brielle
    To me it just looks like the pit bull is having a good, rough play with his owner. My pup loves to be wrestled with while we're having a tug of war match, I see nothing wrong with it. Granted, I dont kick his legs out from under him nor do I let him become excessive with his growling, but rough play is okay.

What concerns me is 1) the music is making it seem dangerous and 2) the video was posted in response to a dog fighting video (or so it says on YouTube, I didn't watch that one).

Pits already have a bad rep, and that video definitely didnt make it any better. All it did was potentially show the wrong crowd how "tough" the breed is and increase the possibility of these dogs continuing to be used in dog fights. I was not impressed by this at all.
  6. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    Three cheers for border dawn!

I saw a dog loving life and enjoying a game of tug, he wasn't being booted. I can't say i would do everything in that video, but i wasn't watching it thinking the dog was being conditioned for fighting or being abused!
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    If you look at the Youtube tags you will read ...
    American pitbull terrier red nose fight training ...
    Says it all to me really ....
  8. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    And these would have been the tags the owner choose to use...
  9. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    hey murf, i just realized this as well.
  10. marley123

marley123 New Member

Name:
    tom
    anyone watched the vid it was in response to ?
    people just add words like "fight" to get more views for their videos both videos look compleatly innocent to me,
    both very loved and caring dogs,
    in the video that it was the response to it shows the dog lieing with a cat and even playing with kittens, a fighting dog would not do that
  11. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    iv,worked with fight pits who will spend time with cats and other dogs as well,usually the, fight pit, is male dog agressive.there are no fast rules ,most have to be incouraged to actually fight.they dont really like to,i speek to an ex con who,20 years ago done time for just that.he has turned his life around and now educates youth in his area, me as well.together we have got some youth into pulling,with there dogs.it was an alternative that give a different bragging right to those who would normally fight there dogs
  12. corey101

corey101 New Member

Name:
    Jen
    I know that fighting dogs can be rehabilitated, but I would not trust them be with other dogs unless they were worked with by a behaviorist.
    Teaching the dogs to do pulling is a good way to re channel pent up energy into something constructive. It is also a good way to keep people out of trouble.
  13. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    What **ick :mad: Kicking the dogs legs. All for the persons amusement and mach-oness. *Rolls eyes*
  14. Jen

Jen New Member

Name:
    Jen
    What I mostly saw was a dog climbing trees, why not get a cat? At least they're designed for it...
  15. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    it would be wise to get all the help you can for a pit who had to fight.there have been 20 or so come to me over the years.only a hand full could be totally rehabed,where they could be trusted in the presance of other dogs.i have a net work of awsome people who help place these these dogs with new owners who have experience and are set up to manage .very strick guidlines and requierments.this goes for all pits that come to me.not all have been able to be rehomed.thats the sad part for me, to make a desision baised on public interest, and safty.to take a dog to the bridge....hurts bad
  16. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    heres my crew,they also play a big role in helping other dogs be dogs, [​IMG]
  17. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    the brindle guy is kn,he is getting a chill out mesage from the otheres,he was a pup in the pic.40 pounds.hes now 100 at yearand a half. and the second biggest.
  18. Jeltz

Jeltz New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Well I hope that the vid is an attempt to look dangerous without really being dangerous.

The choice of music I think has a lot of bearing on how people perceive it and I suspect watching it without the sound on would paint a very different picture to many on here.

The leg kicking put me in mind of a MMA (cage) fighter wannabe thinking they were doing some great fight training.
  19. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    nothing more than showing off, in my opinion.negitive energy? it just was not a cute and fuzzy?
  20. marleysmum

marleysmum New Member

Name:
    Marleysmum
    dont know what to think? bad choice in music i do know!
  21. ukpaul

ukpaul New Member

Name:
    paul
    Very bad video ,and as for kicking there legs :cry:
    all i can see is there training them up for maybe fighting which makes me sooooooooo angry :twisted: :twisted:
    poor poor dogs being brought up this way :cry: :evil: